Conference and Seminar Grants
The Foundation will consider applications from full-time faculty at academic institutions for grants to support conferences or seminars on specific subjects related to the Foundation's goals and objectives. Applicants are urged to seek matching funds. Applicants should submit the names of all participants, as well as titles and abstracts of papers to be presented. The academic background of the participants and the significance of the meeting will be key factors in the evaluation process. Budgets for conferences should not exceed EUR25,000 . In principle, the Foundation does not provide funding for annual meetings. Priority will be given to collaborative projects involving institutions in Taiwan. Projects on Taiwan Studies are especially encouraged.
- Project abstracts (in Chinese and English).
- A detailed itemized budget (If this sum is to be supplemented by matching funds, please include this information in the budget).
- A description of the proposed project of no more than 7 pages in length.
- Curriculum vitae of the project director and foreign co-director(s), including lists of publications over the last five years that are related to the proposed project.
- Endorsement letter(s) from the project director and co-director(s) institution(s).
- Conference schedule and list of participants, as well as titles and abstracts of the papers to be presented.
Applications must be submitted to our online application database. E-mail and paper applications will not be accepted. Applications may be submitted every year from August 1 to September 15 and December 1 to January 15 of the following year.
- The deadlines for Conference and Seminar Grant applications are:
September 15—for Conferences and Seminars from January through June of the following year.
January 15—for Conferences and Seminars from July through December of the same year.
- Final results for applications made before September 15 are announced in late December. Results of applications submitted for the January 15 deadline are announced in early June.
- For applications that are approved, the Foundation will inform the institutions and project directors as quickly as possible in order to arrange for contracts to be signed.
- The Foundation does not provide a written critique for unsuccessful applications
- The Foundation's grants provide support for research on Chinese Studies in the humanities and social sciences.
- Funding is not available for university administrative expenses (including overhead or endowments) or the purchase of equipment.
- Funds for Conference and Seminar Grants may not be used to cover publication costs. Grantees anticipating the need for additional funding to cover such costs are welcome to apply for one of the Foundation’s Publication Subsidies grants.
- Project directors may not submit more than one application. Please inform the Foundation if applying for financial assistance from other organizations at the same time. If a project director receives aid from another source after the Foundation has already decided to support the project, please inform the Foundation within 7 days after being informed by the alternate funding organization.
- Foundation funds can only be transferred to and managed by institutional accounts. Endorsement letter from the applicant's institution must express the institution's willingness to comply with these procedures.
- The Foundation encourages applications with matching funds from other sources.
- When preparing itemized budgets, please use Euros as the unit of currency.
- Applicants may NOT apply for the CCK Conference/Seminar/Workshop Grant and ACLS’ Comparative Perspectives on Chinese and Society Grant at the same time.
- The Foundation reserves the right to post project abstracts and reports on its websites.
Tel : +886-2-2704-5333 ext.17
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.