International, interdisciplinary Congress
The international congress Cultural Impacts of the Reformation at the old LEUCOREA University in Lutherstadt Wittenberg from August 7.–11., 2017, aims at a profound understanding and a new description of the impacts of the Reformation.
Three panels depict the impacts of the Reformation, starting with transformations between the Reformation and cultural contexts, followed by the global spread of protestant beliefs in new cultural contexts, and the cultural fields of the present reception of the Reformation. The indirect impacts of the Reformation in the arts and media, in politics and law, in forms of knowledge and of life, and last but not least in religion itself deserve special attention.
Each morning, two keynote lectures will be presented followed by discussions. The sections in the afternoon examine questions about the cultural and religious history of Christianity since the 16th century. The results will be published in Leucorea-Studies.
The Call for papers was extended until 1st of December 2016.
Guest, reduced rate
(Graduates, Post-docs, retirees, pensioners)
|Guest, Student||0 €|
|Guest, day ticket||30 €|
|Guest, day ticket, reduces rate||15 €|
|Speaker /Section leader||0 €|
The congress fee includes the plenary sessions, sections, receptions and barbecue.
Concert of the collegium musicum 10 € (reduced rate 5 €)
Receptions and Barbecue 0 €
We kindly ask you to give us a binding registration.
Weekend trip to Eisenach/Erfurt/Eisleben
One person in a double room 180 €
One person in a single room 200 €
Registration and fees
The congress is hosted by Martin Luther University Halle-Wittenberg in thematic cooperation with the Friedrich Schiller University Jena, the University of Leipzig and the LEUCOREA Foundation. The congress is taking place at the LEUCOREA Foundation. Address: Stiftung LEUCOREA, Collegienstraße 62, 06886 Lutherstadt Wittenberg, firstname.lastname@example.org
The registration for the congress can be made either online or by posting or faxing a printout of the pdf-registration-form. Upon payment of the congress fee (100,- €; discounts see below) you will receive a congress card.
- Speakers and leaders of the sections are exempted from the congress fee.
- The registration as a speaker will only be possible from 1st of February 2017.
- Until 31st of January 2017 only mere participants (no presentation pp.) can register to the congress.
- Continuation tickets (100,- €; discounts see below) an day tickets (30,- €, reduced 15,- €) can be booked.
- Online registration is possible until 30 June 2017. From 1 July 2017 registration fees must be paid in cash at the congress office.
A reduction of 50% of the congress fee can receive:
- Graduates resp. Doctoral students, Post-Docs, retirees, pensioners. Please present an enrolment certificate at congress office.
- The form of your proof depends on your academic status. In case of doubt the congress bureau gives information (email@example.com).
A reduction of 100% of the congress fee can receive:
- Students presenting the actual and valid enrolment certificate for summer semester 2017.
- Changes and cancellations can only be made by post or e-mail for a fee of 20,00 €. Full reimbursement is only possible until 30 June 2017.
For more information click "Further official information" below.