Romani Identities and Antigypsyism
· Tuition Fee: 550 EUR (Early Bird fee: 500 EUR)
· Accommodation in CEU Residence Center:
- In single room: 28 EUR/ night / person - including breakfast
- In shared double room: 17 EUR/ night / person - including breakfast
· Estimated living costs: 240 - 280 EUR
For all accepted participants financial aid is available in the following categories:
· tuition waiver
· accommodation grant
· travel grant (full or partial)
- In case an applicant is accepted to two courses, which is possible if the two courses are not overlapping, financial aid is only available for attending one course.
- We are especially interested in recruiting scholars at an early stage in their career of Romani background, but do welcome applications by non Roma (Ph.D. students, postdoctoral fellows, junior faculty) with a proven relevant research and teaching record.
Financial Aid packages
· Tuition Waiver
- Financial aid: tuition fee waived
- Participant's own contribution: health insurance, travel, accommodation and living expenses
· Partial SUN Scholarship
- Financial aid: tuition fee waived and free accommodation in a double room
- Participant's own contribution: health insurance, travel and living expenses
· Full SUN Scholarship
- Financial aid: tuition fee waived; free accommodation in a single room, a full travel grant, and a stipend.
- Participant’s own contribution: health insurance and living expenses
How to apply
Below is the list of the documents you need to prepare or arrange for submission:
1. Completed online SUN Application Form (see notes below)
2. Full curriculum vitae or resume, including list of publications, if any
Please upload your Curriculum Vitae or resume, including a list of publications, if any.
3. Letter of Recommendation
Applicants must have one letter of recommendation submitted. Please arrange for a letter of recommendation to be written by a referee (faculty member, employer, thesis or job supervisor, etc.) who can attest to your abilities, qualifications and academic/professional performance. Please advise the referee about the title and content of the course you are applying to. The letter must reflect participation in this specific course, be written in English and be submitted by the referee online via the online application facility.
4. Statement of Purpose
In the Statement of Purpose please describe how the course is relevant to your teaching, research or professional work, and in what way you expect to benefit from it. Please list relevant courses in the field you have taken previously during your studies. You are advised to consult the detailed course description on the course web page so that the statement of purpose is in accordance with the main objectives of the course.
Please mention in your Statement of Purpose if you have Romani background.
5. Short Research Paper
(max. 1000 words)
Please submit a short research paper (max 1000 words) related to both the course agenda and your scholarly or practical work.
For more information click ''LINK TO ORIGINAL'' below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: