Catalan Institute of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology Severo Ochoa International PhD Fellowships
The fellowships offered by "la Caixa" Foundation are part of a Programme to support the Severo Ochoa Excellence Centers, a network of centers awarded by the Spanish Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness. ICN2 was awarded in 2014 to develop an ambitious Program on Nanodevices for Social Challenges. As part of this initiative, the Institute wants to enrol the best national and international PhD students by offering appealing opportunities to start a scientific career.
The 3 PhD Students will join ICN2 to develop their research in at least one of the following areas:
- Nanodevices for Life
- Nanodevices for Energy
- Nanodevices for ICT
- Theory and Simulation
- Characterisation and Metrology
- Growth of Nanomaterials
Candidates will be asked to select your areas of interest during the application process.
Candidates must fulfil the following requirements at the time of the deadline:
- Candidates must have obtained a Degree in Physics, Chemistry or Materials Science and completed a Master in Materials Science, Nanotechnology, or alike, that allows starting a PhD thesis by September 2016.
Candidates must have an excellent academic record, previous research experience and a strong commitment for scientific research.
Candidates applying for the positions funded by "la Caixa" may not have obtained previously a "la Caixa" postgraduate fellowship.
Candidates must have a high working knowledge of English.
Skills in team work.
ICN2 is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on nationality, gender or disability.
The selection of the fellows will be based on the candidates' academic qualifications and research excellence.
- Selection Committee: An internal Committee will be created to review the candidate's profiles and prioritize them. Applications reviews will be completed within a month after the deadline.
- Interviews: Group Leaders together with the Selection Committee will interview shortlisted candidates and will choose their best candidates.
- Fellowship offers: Offers will be made to the successful candidates shortly after the interview period.
- Full-time contract as a PhD researcher, for up to 4 years, extended yearly upon evaluation.
- Foreseen date of incorporation: September/October 2016.
- Social benefits: Flexible timetable, Flexible Benefits Package.
- Scientific excellence, a challenging project, and an innovative work environment.
The application period through the application form will be closed on April 4, 2016. The selection process will be closed before May 31, 2016 and the selected candidates will be contacted before July 1, 2016.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: