Call for Portfolios: Public Art
Serving as a centerpiece for Brookline's annual First Light Festival, this project aims to engage and uplift the community during the winter season. Over the years, First Light has grown into the Town’s annual winter festival, showcasing the talents of local artists, musicians and performers at businesses and other venues throughout town. The installation will launch in early November and remain in place through January. The completed installation should be durable and reusable.
This call is open to New England-based professional artists, artisans or teams with experience in public art, site responsive design and project management.
- May 26 - Deadline for portfolio submission
- May 30-31 - 3 finalists chosen, stipends awarded
- June 5-9 - Location walk-through with finalists
- June 30 - Proposals due
- July 5 - Final notification
- July 14 - Project plan finalized
- August-October - Community engagement
- November 1 - Installation
- Late January - Take down and storage
How to Apply:
Please compile one PDF document following the instructions below. Then, submit your application by following the link at the bottom of the official webpage. Please title your document: LastName_FirstName_PublicArt2017.pdf
Please include up to 10 images of recent work in your PDF document. Directly underneath each image, please provide the following information: title, media, dimensions and year completed.
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.