- Closing date for receipt of entries: 30th November 2016.
- Maximum of 40 lines (excluding title) on one side of A4.
- The Prize is open to anyone other than Café Writers’ committee members.
- Entries must be entirely the work of the entrant and must never have been published, self-published, published on any web-site or broadcast.
- We regret that entries cannot be returned.
- Entries must be your own original work and in English.
- No corrections can be made after receipt, nor fees refunded.
- Entries must show no name, address or identifying marks other than the title.
- Worldwide copyright of each entry remains with the author, but Café Writers will have the unrestricted right to publish the winning poems on its web-site and in press releases publicising the competition.
- The judge’s decision is final and no individual correspondence can be entered into.Entry implies acceptance of all the rules. Failure to comply with the entry requirements will result in disqualification.
Prizewinners will be notified in writing by 31st January 2017. The list of prizewinners will be displayed on the website after the prize-giving ceremony at Café Writers on 17th February 2017.
HOW TO APPLY
ENTER BY POST and pay by cheque: Download form for postal entries with full instructions on how to enter HERE: CafeWritersComp2016_Web OR
ENTER AND PAY ONLINE using Paypal: Save your poems in a Word document or PDF, allowing only one poem per page and add as an attachment to a covering email which will include your name, address, email address and titles of your poems.
And please include no name, address or identifying marks (other than the poem’s title) to the attachment containing your poems. As the subject heading to your email, please write your name and the title of the first poem in your attachment. Send to: email@example.com (please cut and paste this address to limit the amount of SPAM we receive). You will be sent a receipt of your entry via email.