PhD position and Scholarship - Interdisciplinary Centre for the Artificial Mind
Bond University is establishing the Interdisciplinary Centre for the Artificial Mind (iCAM), under the leadership of Professor Irini Giannopulu. The Centre is devoted to the analysis of the mind’s development across the lifespan, and in interaction with artificial environments (robots, virtual/augmented/mixed reality). iCAM is based in the Faculty of Society & Design, with an interdisciplinary and international team of researchers in the areas of Cognitive Neuroscience, Psychology, Mathematics and Engineering.
Bond University’s School of Psychology has established itself as a leader in undergraduate and postgraduate teaching and research, offering a number of study options. With nationally and internationally recognised psychology academics, our research facilities cater to a wide range of areas including clinical and organisational psychology, social psychology, health psychology and human cognition.
• A degree with a substantial research project (e.g. Research Masters’ degree, Masters’ degree with treatise component, or Bachelor degree with honours) in psychology or a related area;
• Excellent analysis and writing skills;
• Exceptional interpersonal communication skills and demonstrated ability to work in a multi-disciplinary research team environment;
• Competence in mathematical modelling and excellent programming skills (e.g. Python, Java, C/C++, Matlab);
• Capacity to seek scholarship funds, with support from supervisors;
• Cultural awareness and sensitivity in dealing with colleagues and research participants from diverse backgrounds.
Your Expression of Interest should include:
- Your CV and copy of academic transcript
- Brief statement of support from an academic referee
- Sample of written work, ideally appropriate for an academic audience (e.g. honours thesis, peer-reviewed journal article, essay written during coursework study or similar)
- “Statement of Purpose” describing your interests, reasons for pursuing this opportunity and longer-term goals (max. 1-2 pages)
Completed applications should be sent to:
Peta Dawson/Kayleigh Corlett
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.