Blizzard Entertainment Data Engineer Business Intelligence Internship
Greetings, students! We’re geared up here to offer another round of epic internship experiences in summer 2016. The internship program offers the opportunity to pause your studies for one summer and work side-by-side with Blizzard Entertainment employees in your area of interest, doing real work that oftentimes ends up in production. As such, we hold you to the same high standards as anybody else in the company.
Just like our gameplay experiences, Blizzard internships are a fully immersive experience. We want interns who are enthusiastic about what they want to do for a living and excited to come in every day to learn and contribute in this hyper-creative atmosphere. Being fully engaged with our team also means communicating effectively and maintaining an open mind - one that is receptive to feedback and able to adapt and grow. Your hobbies and interests can also play in your favor. Passion for technology, gaming, game development, and an in-depth knowledge of Blizzard games, products, and services will always be a plus with us, regardless of the position you’re applying for. Be passionate about who you are, be into our industry, and be willing to go all-in and embrace this opportunity to the fullest!
INTERN GUILD REQUIREMENTS
- Currently enrolled in a college or university, or planning to enroll in Fall 2016
- Returning for at least one more semester or quarter following the Summer 2016 internship
- Able to work fulltime hours for 11 – 12 weeks at the Blizzard office indicated in this job posting between May 31, 2016 – August 19, 2016 or June 13, 2016 – September 2, 2016 (group dates depend on when you get out of school)
- Authorized to work in the US
- Technical understanding of data modeling, design, and architecture principles
- Familiar with the Hadoop ecosystem
- Knowledge of or experience with relational databases, database design, and star schema data warehouse theory
- Passion for video games!
- Familiar with MPP databases
- Familiar with Python
WARNING! APPLICATIONS THAT DO NOT INCLUDE ALL OF THE REQUIRED MATERIALS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED. WE’RE SERIOUS ABOUT THIS – DUE TO THE VOLUME OF APPLICATIONS WE RECEIVE, WE ONLY HAVE TIME TO CONSIDER COMPLETE SUBMITTALS.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.