Automated QA using Selenium: Automate your testing routine & get your life back, 15-31 May, 2017, AUA, Yerevan, Armenia
Nowadays automated testing becoming essential part of any IT company and many positions are opened in Armenia and all around the world with “Automated QA/test engineer” job title. Selenium a Web based automation tool that automates anything and everything available on a Web page. Initially started by Thoughtworks and currently Google developers are supporting the latest version i.e. These lecture will provide you full hands on session on how you can automate web based applications and implement various frameworks, also we will cover interview questions for Automated test engineer positions.
Learning Objectives and Outcomes:
- To provide overview of Selenium Web Driver as automation tool
- To form basic understanding of CSS selectors, XPATH and other selenium locators
- How to use TestNG library for grouping and categorizing automated tests
- Learn Web browser Developer Tools and different browsers support to tests
- To form basic understanding of Java, enough to create automation FW
- Deepen knowledge of Selenium WebDriver main methods and approaches
- To understand Selenium Web Driver advanced usage
- Introduce to page object model and test result generations
- Prepare for Automated test engineer interview questions
Schedule: 3 times a week, 1.5 hours per session, M/W/F
Duration: 12 hours
Start Date: May 15
End Date: May 31
Fee: AMD 40,000 for the entire course.
Requirements: Basic knowledge of testing practices and basic knowledge of any programming language
About the instructor: Hayk Hambardzumyan works as Java Engineer in Test at WorkFront Armenia. Has a an experience in Cloud Based, Web/Mobile as well as desktop application testing and automation approaches. Solid experience in QA automated framework development, coverage and regression result analysis and improvement. Has been working in different leading IT companies for 7 years, including Synopsys, Mentor Graphics, WorkFront and Virage Logic. Has a Master Degree in Microelectronics and Semiconductor devices.
Enrollment: To enroll in AUA Extension courses, please go through the following steps (see below for the Armenian version):
- Visit im.aua.am.
- Create an account by clicking New User Registration.
- If you are not a new user and already have an AUA account (having previously taken the AUA e-Math Test or applied to AUA), you should log into the account that you had created at that time.
- If you just registered as a new user, you will get an email asking to activate your account.
- Now, for registering to take a course, choose the Extension tab, then Extension Applications, and apply for the course(s) you choose.
- After you register online, your application will be reviewed and you will receive an email acknowledging your application.
- Closer to the course start date, you will receive another email confirming your enrollment, requesting that you make payment before the course start date. The fee can be paid online via credit card or through the EasyPay terminal (located at the entrance to AUA). Alternatively, you may pay the fee via bank transfer to American University of Armenia Fund, account 001-006402-001, HSBC Bank Armenia, indicating your full name (as in the registration) and the course you are paying for.
- The completed application together with the record of payment completes your enrollment.