Auckland University of Technology Faculty of Culture and Society Doctoral Scholarships
These scholarships are part of a group of Strategic Scholarships for the Faculty of Culture and Society.
To encourage and stimulate full-time domestic and international students in a Doctor of Education or Doctor of Philosophy for the School of Education.
- The scholarships are open to all eligible Domestic and International postgraduate students. Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- • Applicants must meet the entry criteria for the Doctor of Education or Doctor of Philosophy programme at AUT in the Faculty of Culture and Society.
- • Applicants must be enrolling or be enrolled in a doctoral programme of study and be prepared to commit to their research full-time in the School of Education.
- • The applicant’s proposed field of study must be one where the School of Education has the expertise and capacity to offer supervision.
$10,000 stipend • Tuition fees• Student Services Levy
Number of awards offered
Tenure of award
The scholarship is awarded for a maximum of one year. There is no automatic renewal. Previous recipients may reapply to be considered for the scholarship on a contestable basis for subsequent years of study in the eligible programme.
• Academic progress will be monitored. All recipients will be required to complete progress reports signed by their supervisors each semester. Recipients must achieve satisfactory progress reports to ensure the continued payment of all stipend instalments for the tenure of the scholarship.
Deferment/Leave of Absence
• The scholarship cannot be deferred. Students who are offered a scholarship but who do not take it up in the year of offer, forfeit the scholarship and must reapply to be considered in future application rounds.
• Recipients must be enrolled continuously in their programme of study. Recipients who are granted a Leave of Absence will have their scholarship payments suspended for the period of the leave of absence. Leave of Absence for students who have already commenced their degree will not usually be approved unless there are compelling medical or adverse personal circumstances beyond the student’s control.
• The Faculty Scholarships Committee has the power to terminate or suspend a scholarship if it receives an unsatisfactory report on the academic progress of a recipient.
• Scholars may hold the scholarship and also be employed by the School of Education but the employment arrangement will be managed separately under AUT’s Human Resources policies and processes.
The scholarship does not cover compulsory insurance for international students.
For guidelines, application forms and more information about this award contact:
Auckland University of Technology
Phone: +64 9 921 9837
If the application process for this scholarship involves using the interactive Adobe eForm do not use Internet Browsers Firefox or Chrome. Download the eForm, right click to select the file and open it with Adobe Reader version 9 or above. The latest Adobe Reader is free to download from http://get.adobe.com/reader/. If this scholarship uses the new online application process these instructions do not apply.