The 2016 Speros Non Profit Art and Photography Competition's theme is "Ye Are the Children of Light.” Using painting and photography, we seek submissions by both professional and amateur artists that communicate their idea of how they celebrate Children.
Speros Non Profit retains the right to reject submissions that do not fit the guidelines or spirit of the Competition.
Deadline for Entry - October 31, 2016, 11:59 PM Mountain Standard Time
Winning entrants will be notified by email. You will receive a confirmation e-mail upon your submission and payment. Exhibition of the Top 50 Finalists and winners will be December 9-10, 2016. Location will be announced 6 weeks prior to exhibition.
We reserve the right to reject any submission that does not follow the technical specification guidelines as defined below.
- Official Entry - If you think you have an innovative, creative image and want to support Operation Underground Railroad's efforts to stop child trafficking and to receive recognition in the Speros Non Profit Art Competition you may enter the competition for $30.00 per entry. You may enter each category twice with a possible total of 4 entries (2 paintings and 2 photographs). All entry fees will go directly to supporting Operation Underground Railroad.
- Whether you are a professional or amateur, you’ll be part of the digital Speros Non Profit exhibit that will be displayed on the Speros Non Profit Website and shared through the Speros Non Profit Twitter account.
- The images entered into the competition will be judged by an esteemed panel of artists and other professionals.
Technical Specification Guidelines
- Number of images submitted per entry: 1
- File format: JPEG
- Color profile: sRGB
- Please submit no more than 1 image at a time.
- Each image file name should be exactly how you want the title to appear on the site plus the addition of your initials for identification. The title should be all lower-case characters with underscores separating each word (title_intitals.jpg). Example: my_american_icon_abc.jpg
- No images larger than 2 megabytes.
- For images taken with a mobile device, please follow the guidelines listed below:
- Mobile device image above 8 mp send ‘small’
- Mobile device image below 8 mp send ‘medium'
The top three winners of the competition will be awarded cash prizes as follows:
- 1st Place: $500
- 2nd Place: $250
- 3rd Place: $100
In addition to the top three winners, entries will be selected to be featured in the Speros Non Profit Exhibition. If your artwork is chosen to be displayed in the Speros Non Profit Exhibition you will be notified by email. Instructions of getting the art piece delivered to Speros Non Profit will be provided. Instructions on receiving your art piece back after the exhibition will also be provided.
For more information click "Further official information" below.