Sponsored by the Association of the U.S. Army
The Association of the U.S. Army is pleased to announce its annual ARMY magazine photo contest. Amateur and professional photographers are invited to enter.
The winning photographs will be published in ARMY magazine, and the photographers will be awarded cash prizes.
First prize is $500; second prize is $300; third prize is $200.
Those who are awarded an honorable mention will each receive $100.
- Each photograph must have a U.S. Army-related subject and must have been taken on or after July 1, 2015.
- Entries must not have been published elsewhere.
- Each contestant is limited to three entries.
- Entries may be 300-dpi digital photos, black-and-white prints or color prints. Photographs must not be tinted, altered or have watermarks.
- The minimum size for prints is 5x7 inches; the maximum is 8x10 inches (no mats or frames).
- The following information must be provided with each photograph: the photographer's name, address and telephone number, and a description of the photograph.
- Entries must be mailed to: Editor in Chief, ARMY magazine, 2425 Wilson Blvd., Arlington, VA 22201, ATTN: Photo Contest. Send digital photos to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Entries must be postmarked by September 15, 2016. Winners will be notified by mail in October.
- Entries will not be returned.
- Employees of AUSA and their family members are not eligible to participate.
- Prize-winning photographs may be published in ARMY magazine and other AUSA publications three times.
- Photographic quality and subject matter will be the primary considerations in judging.
For more information click "Further official information" link below.