The Price Lab invites applications for the 2017–2018 Andrew W. Mellon Postdoctoral Fellowship in Digital Humanities. Awards are available to untenured scholars in the humanities whose PhD must have been received between December 2008 and December 2016. The DH Fellow is required to spend the ten-month academic year (August 2017 – May 2018) in residence at Penn.
The PhD is the only eligible terminal degree. MFAs and other doctorates such as EdD are ineligible. In addition to scholars from the core humanities disciplines, those in related fields such as anthropology and the history of science are eligible to apply. Additional educational background in programming, library sciences, computer graphics, computational linguistics, or other fields relevant to digital humanities research is desirable but not required.
The Mellon Fellow will be affiliated with both the School of Arts and Sciences and the Penn Libraries, and will participate in the biweekly Price Lab Mellon Seminar. The fellow will pursue his or her own research project, presenting this work at the seminar, while also contributing to team-based projects at the Lab, and teaching one DH course during the year in the undergraduate College. (While the application requires a brief course description, actual specifications of the class will be worked out next spring with the Price Lab’s Managing Director.)
The Mellon DH Fellowship carries an annual stipend of $55,000 plus single-coverage health insurance (fellows are responsible for coverage of any dependents). Applicants from outside the US must be eligible for appointment under a J-1 visa (Research Scholar status); no exceptions will be made, and the Price Lab reserves the right to revoke a fellowship if the recipient is unable to meet this condition.
The fellowship will in some cases be renewable for a second year.
Uploading Confidential Letters of Recommendation through Interfolio
Interfolio has a customized process in which applicants are able themselves to upload confidential letters. Please follow these guidelines (do not follow the standard instructions on Interfolio's website, "uploading letters to an online application system"):
- Sign into your Interfolio Dossier account.
- From the main page, click "Start Delivery" (or on other pages, the orange "New Delivery" button).
- For destination, type "Custom Upload" or "Interfolio Custom Upload."
- Click "Select."
- On the next page, enter all letters you wish to have uploaded.
- Click "Continue" followed by "Proceed to Payment" to complete your request.
- Interfolio Scholar Services will send you an automatic email confirmation.
- You must REPLY to that email, giving Interfolio this (and only this) URL from our website
- Interfolio usually uploads your documents within 24 hours, although please allow some cushion to ensure that letters are uploaded to the Forum's webpage NLT the October 30 deadline.
- If you have any difficulty with this process, please contact Interfolio directly at email@example.com or 877-997-8807 weekdays, 9am – 6 pm Application Deadline October 30, 2016
For more information click "Link to Original" below.