The competition is open both to design students and to professionals,without age limit.
Design for a chair and/or table.
- Seating: The main material used shall be Beech wood, Oak wood or Walnut. Chairs may be upholstered to a greater or lesser extent, if considered appropriate and veneered board or plywood.
- Tables: The main material used shall be Beech wood, Oak wood or Walnut. Tables may be veneered board or plywood.
- The use of other materials such as metals, plastics, glass, etc. is allowed when complementary, structural or incidental to the above.
- All designs presented shall be new, not having been marketed or disclosed prior to the date of the Contest.
- Possible innovative features related to design, quality, technology, production processes, etc. and in general anything that adds value to the presented project.
- Possible adaptation to the product philosophy of Andreu World, S.A.
- Production costs and/or recovery.
- Functionality: fulfilment of the functions for which it has been designed.
- All-round simple and viable mass production possibilities.
- Possible versatility and suitability for development in occasional pieces such as stools, easy chairs, sofas, etc. in the case of chairs, and of different sizes and heights in the case of tables.
- Suitability to numerous ambiences and uses such as the home, contract work, etc.
Following registration, a personal file is created for each contestant. This file serves to identify the Contestant in the Contest Website during this year’s Competition and future editions.
Participants may only register themselves via the registration form available in our website. Participants may register only once. Registration is not transferable.
New participants may register by completing the form available via the Access menu in the official website. Following registration, participants will be sent an email with a link to validate the registration.
Once registered, participants can identify themselves in the original website using their personal password in order to consult and modify their personal data in the "Edit your data" section within the "Personal data" menu.
The following material must be submitted by each participant:
- A prototype of the proposed piece (scale 1:5).
- A technical report, to be presented on 2 to 4 double-space, single-face A4 typewritten pages. 8 ½ inches x 11 inches pages for projects sent from United States of America.
- CD or USB with plans, diagrams, sketches, reders or pictures from the model.
Particular consideration will be given to innovative contributions (based on a feasibility study), which help to increase the product quality. The following factors will be analyzed:
- Production costs.
- Compliance with the intended functions.
Designs must be submitted in such a manner as to facilitate their mechanized mass production.
All products must be original, i.e., they must not reflect previous designs.
The presentation of a creative video explaining the project and/or showing the details and model of the design will be evaluated.
The maximum allowed duration is 2 minutes and it should be recorded in widescreen format, with a minimum resolution of 1080p: 1920x1080.
The video should be uploaded to the Andreu World contest website. Once identified, access the menu option "Upload video", where you can upload the file, renaming it with the "participant number" (e.g. "20170001.avi").
All documentation must sent to by post or messenger service, or by delivering the project by hand to our offices, before 24th November 2017.
Andreu World, S.A.,
C/ Los Sauces, 7 Urb. Olimar
46370 Chiva – Valencia
T. +34 96 180 57 00
or P.O. Box Nº 127,
C.P. 46370 Chiva
T. +34 96 180 57 00
Projects sent from the United States of America can be sent to the following address before 10thNovember 2017.
Andreu World America
Attn: 2017 Design Contest
222 Merchandise Mart
Chicago, Illinois 60654
T. +1 312 464 09 00
The following prizes will be awarded:
- 1st prize of 3000 euros
- 2nd prize of 1000 euros
Will be awarded by a jury composed of professionals from different sectors: Design, Industry, Media and other fields related to creative activities.
The jury will also award up to a maximum of 4, non-monetary, special mentions.
The awards ceremony will be held on December 2017.
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: