"The whole week was amazing & it was the diversity that really made the week! Thank you for an incredibly inspiring and educational week!"
Applications are now being accepted from Humanities DPhil and Early Career Researchers for this year’s AHRC-TORCH Public Engagement with Research Summer School, which will run from 10 - 14 July 2017.
Deadline: 28 April 2017.
The aims of the summer school are:
• To introduce doctoral students and early career researchers to the idea and application of public engagement with research through experiential learning.
• To integrate public engagement into their research and professional identities of participating researchers
• To develop an idea of the publicly engaged humanities, building on the precedent of past public engagement initiatives in the humanities at Oxford
• To help participants develop their own public engagement with research projects, encouraging an entrepreneurial approach.
• To give participants the tools to communicate effectively with the public, via online media and in-person
• Offer participants the grant-writing skills to fund their own projects
• Develop a sustainable cohort of postgraduate researchers participating in public engagement with research at Oxford and beyond.
To find out more, see the film about last year’s summer school - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfH_H5DQs_c&t=5s
For any inquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Feedback from previous PER Summer School Participants:
‘I am having a wonderful time at the AHRC–TORCH Public Engagement Summer School. These first two days have been both inspirational and challenging. Translating my work into something that is actually relevant to people’s lives is the principal goal of my research, yet a difficult one to achieve. This summer school is about the skills and tools I need to make the transition from the language of scholarship and academia to the words and meanings of everyday life. What I like most – and I am most grateful for – is the sense of community among the participants: the desire to engage and understand the world in which we live.’
This opportunity has expired. It was originally available here http://torch.ox.ac.uk/ahrc-torch-public-engagement-research-summer-school but the link is no more active.