About the contest
The story of today’s Africa – young, growing, urbanizing, and tech-savvy – needs to be told. As a company committed to supporting local capacity in Africa, Agility wants to capture the hope, aspirations and confidence of a new generation of Africans and the continent that they are rapidly reshaping. We are looking for images that will open the eyes of the world to today’s vibrant, modern African reality. We invite professional and amateur photographers to compete for a chance to win up to $4,000.
The Competition runs from June 1, 2016 at 12:00 PM GMT to September 1, 2016 at 12:00 PM GMT.
- The Africa 2016 Photo Competition (the “Competition”) is open to professional and amateur photographers 18 years of age and older.
- No employees of Sponsor or its affiliates, or their immediate family members, can participate in the competition.
How to Entry
- All photographs must be submitted in digital format via this website
- Entrants must complete the online entry form and include their name, email address, mailing address, phone number, photo, photo location, and photo caption.
- Entrants must also specify which photo category their entry belongs to.
- There is no limit on the number of entries per person.
- By submitting an entry, the entrant agrees to comply with all Competition rules
- Photos must be taken in Africa
- Photos must be high-resolution. Must be in JPG or PNG format, must be at least 1,600 pixels wide or tall, and the file size must be at least 1 MB.
- Photo must not have won an award at a previous photo competition.
- Only minor digital editing, color correction, and cropping of the photo are allowed.
- The photo must be free of Prohibited Content (as defined in the Conditions of Entry section).
By entering the competition, the entrant warrants the following:
Context: The photo was taken in Africa.
Originality and owned copyright: The submitted photograph is an original work, entirely owned by the entrant, and does not infringe on the copyright, trademark, intellectual property privacy or other rights of any third party under applicable laws, rules and regulations.
Consent: If a person is recognizable in a photograph, the entrant has obtained all releases and consent necessary from the person appearing in the photo, in order to permit the exhibition and use of the photo, without additional compensation. If any person appearing in the photograph is under the age of 18, the entrant warrants that he/she has obtained consent from the parent or legal guardian of the minor in the photograph. Sponsor reserves the right to request written proof of consent. If the entrant fails to provide written proof of consent within 7 days of Sponsor’s request, the entry may be disqualified from the competition.
License agreement: The entrant retains right to his/her photo, but by entering the Competition, the entrant grants Sponsor and its affiliates a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, unlimited, non-exclusive license to reproduce, distribute, display and create derivative works of the entries, in any media or form, for no additional compensation and without any requirement on the part of Sponsor and its affiliates to seek consent or approval of such entrant. The license granted to Sponsor and its affiliates includes, without limitation, the right to exhibit the entrant’s photos, to publish such photos in books or magazines, to offer such photos as downloadable wallpapers, to use in Sponsor’s marketing, press materials or website, to “share” such photos on social media, or use in Sponsor’s partner channels, publications or events. Additionally, by entering the Competition, each entrant grants Sponsor and its affiliates the unrestricted right to use all statements made in connection with the Competition, and pictures or likenesses of entrants, for no additional compensation and without any requirement on the part of Sponsor and its affiliates to seek consent or approval of such entrant. Sponsor shall include a name credit when using the entrant’s photo.
Conditions of entry
Data privacy: Entrants agree that personal data, especially name and address, may be processed, shared, and otherwise used for the purposes of the contest.
Indemnity: Each entrant holds Sponsor and its affiliates and partners, and their respective directors, officers, employees, shareholders, agents and representatives (individually, an “Indemnitee”) harmless from and against all claims of any nature arising in connection with entrant’s participation in the contest and acceptance or use of a prize. No Indemnitee shall be liable for any costs, damages, injuries, or other claims incurred as a result of any entrant’s participation in the Competition or any winner’s acceptance or usage of a prize. No Indemnitee shall be responsible for any disqualified entry as a result of incomplete, untimely or misdirected submissions, technical or network malfunctions or failures, or any other cause whatsoever. Each entrant is solely responsible for his or her entries.
Prohibited Content: Entrants may not submit materials that introduce any software viruses, worms or other programs designed to damage software, hardware or telecommunications equipment or are off-topic, partisan-political, contain advertising, nudity, personal attacks or expletives, or is otherwise abusive, threatening, unlawful, harassing, discriminatory, libelous, obscene, false, sexually explicit, as determined by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion, or that infringes on the intellectual property, privacy or other rights of any third party under applicable laws, rules and regulations.
- The winning photo in each of the three categories will receive a USD 2,000 cash prize.
- The grand prize winner will receive an additional $2,000 cash prize.
Fore more information click "Further official information".
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: