“…every poem breaks a silence that had to be overcome…”
BELOIT POETRY JOURNAL with the support of the Adrienne Rich Literary Trust invites submissions for
The Adrienne Rich Award for Poetry
- $1,500 prize for a single poem
- Judge: Carolyn Forché
- Submissions Open March 1 - April 30, 2017
- Submit 1-5 unpublished poems on any subject in any style up to a maximum of 10 pages per entry. (We enjoy long poems!)
- Simultaneous submissions welcome. Please notify us immediately of publication elsewhere.
- Reading fee of $15 per entry. A limited number of complimentary entries are available to poets for whom the fee represents a hardship. Contact us at email@example.com for more information.
- Submitters paying the $15 fee may purchase a 1-year subscription to the BPJ for only $10, nearly half off the regular subscription price.
- The editors will consider all submissions for publication.
- Finalists will be notified by June 30; the winner will be announced and published in the Fall 2017 issue of the BPJ.
We follow the CLMP Guidelines for contests and are committed, in all we do, to the highest ethical standards. If you are a personal friend, family member, or student of any BPJ editor or of the judge, or if you are a former or current intern or staff member of the BPJ, please refrain from submitting.
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: