Contract type: FT (5 days/40 hours per week)
Job Location: Yerevan, Armenia
- Oversee/manage the day-to-day operations of the Reference Room including circulation of reference materials, cataloging of acquisitions, and follow-up of overdue material.
- Translate materials of both a general and a medical/health nature to/from English, Armenian, and Russian.
- Serve as the departmental receptionist for faculty and staff, including answering phones, greeting visitors, and interacting with students and staff.
- Prepare and process documents (memos, reports, correspondence) for departmental faculty and staff, often with limited guidance/direction.
- Copy and disseminate documents (via mail, e-mail, fax).
- Serve visiting faculty by coordinating transportation, setting meetings.
- Serve as a liaison between faculty/staff and external organizations such as the Ministry of Health, UNICEF, WHO, and UMCOR.
- Prepare reports/summaries in English and Armenian.
- Coordinate the administrative aspects of the Public Health lecture series, to include preparing/posting fliers, scheduling rooms and other logistical support, and inviting alumni, faculty, and interested parties from the local professional community.
- Support course and project operations through copying of handouts, scheduling of rooms and audio-visual services, and acquisition of supplies.
- Maintain departmental records (incoming/outgoing correspondence, contracts and reports) and confidential files (student data, personnel, and expenditures).
- Oversee/maintain office supplies.
- Maintain contact with MPH alumni through active maintenance of contact directory and frequent interactions to involve them in departmental events.
- Update the SPH and CHSR websites at http://sph.aua.am/ and http://www.chsr.aua.am/
- Develop the SPH Newsletters.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by immediate supervisor(s).
- Undergraduate Degree/University Diploma in a relevant field.
- Strong written/oral communication skills in English, Armenian.
- Computer skills (MS Office, spreadsheets, database management, Moodle is a plus).
- Relevant work experience of 1 year and more.
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills with an ability to work in a fast-paced changing environment.
- Ability to work with a variety of constituencies.
How to apply: A letter of intent, Curriculum Vitae with the names and contact information for three referees should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading “Administrative Secretary/SPH”. Applications must be received by June 9, 2017 to be considered. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified for interview.
AUA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an active non-discrimination program within the institution