The Internship at Stanford University
A Summer Internship at Dr. Jill Helms lab at Stanford University is part of her ongoing effort to get young students interested in Science . The laboratory is located at 1651 Page Mill Road. Our laboratory is committed to sharing with the selected candidates the excitement, sense of discipline, and great satisfaction that a career in science can be.
Internships last for seven weeks, from mid-June through the 1st. wk. of August, and are awarded to outstanding high school, and undergraduate students interested in pursuing careers in the biomedical/biological sciences to work on a research project that entails exposure to the latest biochemical, molecular, and analytical techniques in a given field.
The following are the requirements to participate
- candidate must be at least 16 years old by the time the internship begins. This is an unpaid opportunity.
- a good disposition and discipline.
- signed parental consent forms to work in a biochemistry laboratory. Forms can be downloaded off of this page.
Here's what you need to do to apply
To apply for an internship at our lab, please submit your resume, a cover letter telling us why you should be considered for the position (please include your date of birth), and signed parental consent forms that can be downloaded from this page. Send an email with attachments to Paulo Pereira at firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline below.
After you are accepted to participate
- email us a copy of a valid medical insurance card immediately so we can process your application with the department. We need to make sure you are insured should any emergency occur.
- you will receive an email with a sponsorship code and instructions on how to set up your SUNet ID and complete the following online courses:
General Safety & Emergency Preparedness (EHS-1500-WEB)
Compressed Gas Safety (EHS-2200-WEB)
Chemical Safety for Laboratories (EHS-1900-WEB)
- please email your results to email@example.com. Results can be found and printed out from 'My Learning' tab in Axess. You have two weeks to complete this step after you get your sponsorship code.
The deadline for application is strongly observed and you need to send your application (PDFs only) by:
January 15th., for the summer of 2017.
Results: end of of March 2017.
To APPLY click "Further official information" below and fill the application form.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: