VGIK INTERNATIONAL SUMMER SCHOOL
The City of Saransk – Moscow, Russian Federation
July 03 – 21, 2017
Russian State University of Cinematography named after S. A. Gerasimov is calling international students to take part in the 9th VGIK International Summer School
The program of the VGIK International Summer School consists of two sections:
Documentary section takes place in the City of Saransk (Republic of Mordovia), an old Russian city, well-known for its history, architecture, sceneries, and its cultural heritage.
Animation section will be held at VGIK Animation & Multimedia Department film studios in Moscow.
Note: duration period of school activities is shorter July 10-21, 2017
If you are a student of Film Direction, Cinematography, Animation & Multimedia, or Computer Graphics Department, you are welcome to the VGIK International Summer School!
School Slogan: Mordovian land - Harmony, Stability, Creativity!
Time: July 03-21, 2017
Location: The City of Saransk (Documentary)
Moscow (Animation) – July 10-21, 2017
Submission deadline May 10, 2017
At the 9th VGIK International Summer School you get engaged in various shooting-oriented workshops, tutorials, and trainings carried out by widely recognized European and Russian filmmakers.
Terms & Conditions:
- the participants-to-be are to send a trailer of a film, they have been working on during their studies at a film school, academy, or university or links to your works
- the submitted trailer is to be approved by the pre-selection committee and the Art director of the school
- once your candidacy has been shortlisted, the VGIK International Summer School covers all your accommodation & meal expenses, transportation and production costs as well as provides all necessary shooting equipment for the duration period
- participants have an opportunity to meet renowned European and Russian filmmakers and acquire practical knowledge
- the International Summer School arranges a tour around the city (in English) for its participants
- the participants of the school are given a chance to hold the copyrights on the shoot-to-be video
- the working language of the school is English
NB: the VGIK International Summer School will not be held responsible for covering your travel expenses: air tickets, Russian visa, and medical insurance. The Russian visa may be issued only by the Russian Сonsulate of your country. Please, take this information into consideration prior applying and check the official website of the appropriate Russian Consulate.
The documentary & animation sections activities include:
- various filmmaking & animation techniques workshops
- tutorials and training shooting on the basis of adopted techniques
- documentary film creating (the subject of a film should correspond with the summer school slogan, its running time should be no more than 10 minutes)
- animation film creating or animation training (the subject of a film should echo the summer school slogan, its running time should be up to 1-3 minutes)
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: