Submit your film to the 31st Leeds International Film Festival
The world’s first moving images were shot in Leeds in 1888 by Louis le Prince. Today Leeds is a major centre for film production and exhibition. A qualifying event for the BAFTAs and the Oscars, Leeds International Film Festival is a national celebration of global filmmaking culture.
LIFF is a portal for discovery of the real world of filmmaking that exists beyond regular film exhibition. LIFF primarily supports outstanding new talent and established talent that has not received deserved exposure in the UK. LIFF considers narrative, documentary and animated films, in feature-length and short formats, in multiple genres and from all countries.
We are now accepting submissions for LIFF31 via FilmFreeway and Withoutabox.
We are now accepting submissions via FilmFreeway and Withoutabox. Please note our final deadline for submissions is earlier this year, on Monday 31st July.
To apply go to "Further official information" link below this announcement.
LIFF30 Jury Awards
- Louis le Prince International Short Film Competition – cash prize £1,000: The Silence (Farnoosh Samadi & Ali Asgar, France, Italy)
- World Animation Competition – cash prize £1,000: The Bald Future (Paul Cabon, France)
- British Short Film Competition – cash prize £1,000: Jacked (Rene Pannevis, UK)
- Yorkshire Short Film Competition – cash prize £500: Blue Grey (Zoe Kinross, UK)
- Leeds International Screendance Competition – cash prize £500: Diving Into Your Absence (Concha Vidal, Spain)
- Leeds International Music Video Competition: Elliot Moss- Pattern Repeating (HochR, Norway)
- The Dark Owls International Fantasy Short Film Competition: The Man Who Caught a Mermaid (Kaitlin Tinker, Australia)
For more information click "Further official information" below.