Lahti Poster Museum
Grafia, Association of Visual Communication Designers in Finland
Poster Friends’ Guild
- Cultural, ideological and social posters
- Environmental Posters (The Lauri Tarasti Prize)
- Posters by the theme Independence, category for students and designers under 30 years: 2017 the Republic of Finland celebrates its 100th anniversary of independence. What does the word “independence” mean to you?
- Commercial posters
The prize winning posters will be selected by the International Jury.
Fons Hickmann, Graphic Designer / Germany
Tomasz Boguslawski, Graphic Designer / Poland
Parisa Tashakori, Graphic Designer / Iran
Erich Brechbühl, Graphic Designer / Switzerland
Klaus Welp, Graphic Artist / Finland
9 June – 24 September 2017
Poster Museum/Lahti Art Museum
Vesijärvenkatu 11 A, 15140 Lahti, Finland
The submitted posters shall be sent in digital form to the web address www.postertriennial2017.fi.
The posters to be exhibited will be selected by the organizing committee. The prize winning posters will be selected by the International Jury.
- We charge entry fee of 20€ for 2017 Lahti Poster Triennale. The fee is paid at www.postertriennial2017.fi by registration.
- Posters accepted for category A must have already been published.
- The print technique of the posters accepted for the exhibition can be freely selected in all categories.
- The entry form shall be filled carefully and sent together with the poster images to the web address www.postertriennial2017.fi.
- The information given in the form will be used in the catalogue of Lahti Poster Triennial. The organizers are not responsible for information supplied by the sender in the entry form.
- The organizers are entitled to stage exhibitions of the submitted entries in Finland and elsewhere. The organizers are entitled to reproduce submitted posters for information and publication purposes, for educational purposes and marketing without payment. The organizers are entitled to reproduce submitted works for the exhibition catalogue, in other printed matter and in digital form and to distribute them to the public via internet and other information networks.
- The participants will be informed of approval for the exhibition by February 2017. The posters accepted for the exhibition shall be sent as paper versions to Lahti Art Museum, address The Collection Centre of the Lahti City Museum, Sopenkorvenkatu 9, 15800 Lahti or P.O.Box 113, 15111 Lahti, Finland by 28 February 2017. The posters shall be packaged carefully. The organizers take no responsibility for damage during transport.
- The posters and image material will not be returned. They remain in the collections of Lahti Poster Museum.
- The posters accepted for the exhibition must not be framed or mounted.
- The results will be made public and the prizes and awards will be distributed at the opening ceremony on Thursday 8 June 2017 at 5 p.m.
- All designers submitting entries for the biennial are heartily welcome to the opening of the exhibition.
For more information click "Further official information" below.