Do you have an awesome idea to solve a social or environmental problem? Are you ready to take action, but don’t know where to start? You're not alone.
The 2021 Social Shifters Global Innovation Challenge will take you from idea to entrepreneur - helping bring your idea to life AND sharpening your social business skills!
All applicants will receive FREE e-learning, specialist project development support and access to mentors as well as connection to a network of young changemakers like you! The first 500 applicants will also receive a VIP Ticket to the Social Enterprise World Forum 2021 and challenge finalists will compete for prizes of up to $10,000!
Are you aged 18-30 with a world-changing idea? Register NOW and return to submit your idea by 16th July to be eligible.
Why take part?
The Social Shifters Global Innovation Challenge is all about supporting young people (18-30) to take entrepreneurial action on social and environmental issues that matter to you.
- Everyone who enters receives a package of FREE startup support and mentoring to develop their idea.
- The first 500 applicants will receive a VIP ticket to the Social Enterprise World Forum 2021.
- The best idea solutions will compete for cash prizes and funding pots of up to $10,000!
- Finalists will receive global recognition and exposure at the Social Enterprise World Forum 27-29 Sept 2021.
Go from idea to action through the Social Shifters Global Innovation Challenge.
Rules & Timeline
The Shifters Global Challenge is easy to enter and packed full of support for EVERYONE that enters.
We will be accepting submissions from May 26 to July 16. It’s quick and simple to submit an entry. Just tell us about the social or environmental problem you want to solve, what your business solution is, and what difference it will make. Upload a short video if you can, to bring your submission to life.
The Challenge is open to anyone 18-30 years old.
You can enter on your own or as a team (up to 5 members). Team participation is strongly encouraged.
We’re looking for a business solution to an environmental or social issue. This can be a non-profit or for-profit idea but must be at an early stage (less than one year old with no significant funding in place).
All entries will be evaluated based on the following:
- Impactful: Will the business idea solve an important social or environmental problem?
- Innovative: Is the idea insightful, and potentially a breakthrough solution to the problem?
- Feasible: Could the idea be implemented with financial and mentoring support?
- Scalable: Does this idea have the potential to be expanded on a larger scale?
Submissions that include a short video pitch (less than 60 seconds) will receive additional points in the evaluation.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.