Length of contract and % of full-time:
Full-time, starting as soon as possible until 31/12/22. This contract may be further renewed (several times and conditional to the availability of funds), leading to an extension of the period of service up to a total of 5 years, including the first contract period.
The basic net monthly salary after taxes is approx. 3,260 euro (grade CDR3/1). In addition to the salary, the Research Fellow may be entitled to receive various allowances, in particular: household allowance, expatriation allowance, dependent child allowance and education allowance. More information about conditions of employment is available here
Director of project:
Prof. Andrew Geddes
Title of project:
Migration Policy Centre (MPC) – E-MINDFUL: Enhancing European Migration Narratives to Develop Further Union Long-term actions.
The Research Fellow will work on the project “E-MINDFUL: Enhancing European Migration Narrative to Develop Further Union Long-term actions”. The E-MINDFUL project is a partnership between the OSCE, the European Commission’s Joint Research Centre and the MPC that will analyse factors that shape effective communication about migration and about how public attitudes shift by exploring the complex range of emotions linked to identity and core individual values that migration triggers. The project will provide evidence-based tools to communicate migration effectively. In doing so, the project will meet the growing need for impact assessment of awareness-raising efforts, with the view to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of information models and tools, particularly those supported through public funding. The MPC contribution will require specific expertise with design, development and implementation of surveys to understand the effects of information campaigns about migration in seven case countries. Specific tasks of the Research Fellow will be:
- Analysis of the scientific literature on factors shaping effective communication strategies on migration
- Contributing to the design and implementation of surveys to measure the effects of communications about migration
- Working with a wide range of academic and nonacademic stakeholders to disseminate project findings
Place of work:
- PhD in any social science discipline that included a focus on migration, either completed or nearing completion. PhD students about to defend their thesis are eligible conditional on the successful thesis defense by the contract start.
- Proven experience of use of quantitative research methods
- Proven ability to work to deadlines and to deliver high quality outputs linked to project targets and goals Advantage:
- Understanding of the design and application of survey experiments.
- Understanding of scientific and scholarly work on public attitudes to migration
- Ability to work with a multi-national team of academic and non-academic partners to attain collective objectives
- Experience of disseminating research findings to both academic and non-academic audiences.
Fluent English in writing and speaking is required, knowledge of other languages is an advantage
For more information contact: email@example.com
The closing date for applications is 01 April 2021 at midnight (Florence time).
How to apply
Fill in the online application form and upload documents as requested. The documents to be uploaded are:
- Your CV (max 5 pages underlining relevant experience and publications)
- Cover letter (max 2 pages)
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: