Bonn SDG Fellowships
What is the goal of the funding line?
Who is eligible for funding?
What is the size of the funding?
The funding can cover the following:
- A travel allowance (depending on country of origin)
- A scholarship of € 3,000 per month (additional funds for family members: up to € 300 for a spouse and € 250 per child)
- A research expense allowance of up to € 500 per month can be submitted to the International Office after the fellowship has been awarded. Information on applying for the allowance will be provided with your fellowship award.
Insurance benefits are not included in the scholarship.
Please note that the International Office cannot provide housing for scholarship recipients.
The funding is for a period of at least 3 and not more than 12 months. When calculating costs please note the instructions in the financing plan.
What are the selection criteria?
- The quality of the research project to be worked on during the stay in Bonn
- Work on a topic that contributes to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) as set forth by the United Nations in its Agenda 2030 for Sustainable Development
- Relevance of the research topic to developments in the region of origin
- The fellow’s contribution to academic life in Bonn (e.g. via public lectures, seminars or colloquiums)
- The fellow’s integration into the host institute (place of work, integration into existing teaching and research activities)
- Follow-on value: a plan for future collaboration projects between the fellow and the host institute in Bonn