Microsoft Research Asia Fellowship Program
The Microsoft Research Asia Fellowship Program identifies the next generation of research leaders through a unique program that offers a combination of mentorship, research, networking, and academic opportunities to promising young candidates. Since its inception in 1999, the program has awarded 429 outstanding PhD students the Microsoft Research Asia Fellowship honor. Fellows have gone on to become prominent researchers and influential individuals in academia and industry. Fellows earn both a scholarship and enjoy a long-term professional relationship with Microsoft Research Asia, one of the leading computer science research labs in the world. Each winner is offered the opportunity to complete an internship, during which they participate in hands-on, advanced research at Microsoft Research Asia in Beijing, China.
Provisions of the award
The Microsoft Research Asia Fellowship Program offers some of the industry’s most competitive incentives and rewards, including:
- Cash awards of $10,000 USD, which can be used to support research initiatives and academic endeavors including, but not limited to: attending international research conferences/events, and subsidizing paper and patent application fees.
- The guarantee of an optional three-month internship at Microsoft Research Asia.
- The opportunity to attend the Microsoft Research Asia Academic Conference—one of the most prestigious academic conferences in computer science in the Asia-Pacific region.
- At the discretion of Microsoft Research Asia, fellows and their advisors may be invited to participate in collaborative research projects and academic exchange events.
- Applicants must attend a university in mainland China, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Singapore, or Taiwan, and do research work that relates to computing topics in which Microsoft Research is concerned with (click on Research Areas at the top of the page for a full list).
- According to the definition of the normative period of PhD programs of the applicant’s university and region, the applicant must graduate in 2022 or later. The applicants and their advisors will be asked for supporting documents, if needed.
- The Microsoft Research Asia Fellowship Committee has final determination of the interpretation of the above clauses.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: