Creative Residence Programme
The Creative Residences is a hub for creative people to stay, make connections and be inspired at The Arts Centre Te Matatiki Toi Ora. Contemporary comfort meets exquisite history in this beautifully appointed heritage space. Located upstairs in the recently restored and earthquake strengthened West Lecture building (1917), the residences are a place where creatives can enjoy all The Arts Centre and central Christchurch has to offer.
There are four large, beautifully appointed double bedrooms with private bathrooms. The modern living, dining and kitchen spaces with an additional study nook and a balcony are shared between residents.
This wheelchair accessible accommodation is an ideal base for individual creatives or people from creative organisations visiting the city to take part in conferences, performances and other events in Ōtautahi Christchurch.
For creative organisations and businesses
- $180 + GST per room per night
- $1120 + GST per week (seven nights)
For creative non-profit organisations and individuals
- $140 + GST per room per night
- $680 + GST per week (seven nights)
Rates for longer term stays may be negotiated.
Check-in is generally between 2.00pm and 6.00pm.
Check-out is by 10.00am. Luggage storage may be arranged.
The Purpose of the Creative Residence Programme
This residency programme supports creative professionals practicing in any creative media to work on a project for up to three months at The Arts Centre Te Matatiki Toi Ora in Ōtautahi Christchurch, Aotearoa New Zealand. It is open to people from New Zealand and around the world for a residency period of between 1 and 3 months.
Engagement with the local community is an integral part of this residency programme and it is anticipated that the residency will culminate in an exhibition, performance, reading, workshops or some other such event that involves the community. It is also hoped that residents will be interested in collaborating with local practitioners.
Who can apply
Creative professionals from a broad range of practices such as visual arts and crafts, music, theatre, dance, film, writing, design, photography, and digital and sound art, fashion and gaming.
When to apply
Applications for this first round will close on March 31 2020. Residencies are offered via invitation as well as via proposal.
What The Arts Centre will provide
The Arts Centre will provide:
- publicity informing the local community of the residency
- a fully furnished room with work desk and private bathroom in The Arts Centre’s Creative Residence. Living spaces are shared with other residents.
- access to Wi-Fi
- a per diem of $85 NZD per day, paid weekly
- Up to $1500 NZD towards travel costs to and from Christchurch, New Zealand.
- links, contacts and advice in relation to the local arts and creative industries community
- advice and support with orientation and realising projects onsite
Studio space may be provided depending on availability and requirements.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.