The Research Training Group vivid will start mid 2020!
We offer several postions and scholarships for PhD and MD doctoral students, please see details below.
Call for applications: 9 doctoral positions (wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter (m/w/div.), E13 TV-L 65%)
The Research Training Group 2576 “vivid - in vivo investigations towards the early development of type 2 diabetes” established by the German Research Foundation (Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft) at Heinrich Heine University Düsseldorf invites applications for
9 doctoral positions (wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter (m/w/div.), E13 TV-L 65%).
The program starts June 1st, 2020. Initial appointment will be for two years with an option for extension.
Vivid is a joint initiative by leading scientists from Heinrich Heine University Düsseldorf (HHU), University Hospital Düsseldorf (UKD) and the German Diabetes Center, Leibniz Center for Diabetes Research at HHU (DDZ). The Research Training Group brings together junior researchers from different disciplines in life sciences and medicine to conduct innovative research in the field of diabetes development within a framework of unique infrastructure and metabolic expertise. A structured and coherent education program comprising translational aspects provides a solid basis for training and mentoring of medical scientists in order to expand knowledge in basic and clinical diabetes research.
Applicants are required to hold a diploma or master’s degree (or equivalent) with excellent results in a life science discipline such as Biology, Biochemistry, Molecular Medicine, Molecular Biology, or comparable. Please send your application to the vivid office and also indicate your preference for a specific doctoral project. For detailed information regarding our program for research and training and the academic staff involved in our Research Training Group, please refer to the vivid homepage.
- an exciting, dynamic and international working environment and unique resources for diabetes research
- mentoring and close supervision by an interdisciplinary team of experienced principal investigators
- a structured and coherent education program including specialized lectures, expert hands-on training courses and opportunities for internships in clinical research
- participation in the training program of the German Center for Diabetes Research (DZD NEXT) and further opportunities for career development
- enthusiasm and dedication to our research and training program
- continuous contribution and participation in curricular activities
- cooperation with fellow students and scholars participating in the program
- timely preparation of manuscripts, thesis and adherence to the principles of good scientific practice
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: