Postdoctoral Fellow in Education / Sociology
The Higher School of Economics Centre for General and Extracurricular Education in Moscow Russia invites applications for postdoctoral research positions in the field of general education. In new projects, the Center will focus on the study of school social capital, educational poverty and the effects of extracurricular education. We welcome motivated scholars with research experience in the areas listed above and with knowledge of contemporary methods of statistical data analysis and with an interest in publishing in top international journals.
About HSE University
The Higher School of Economics (HSE University) is a young, dynamic and fast-growing Russian research university. Over the past 25 years, HSE University has become a leader in Russian education, while also being recognized globally.
For instance, we were the first state-run university in Russia to begin recruiting on the international academic market. We aim at being a university with a highly attuned approach to training new professionals. Therefore, we are eager to hire people with real experience, as well as basic and applied knowledge. Committed to high-quality research, HSE University now has more than 100 research institutes and centers and over 30 international research laboratories collaborating with international specialists from all over the world.
The general requirements for the postdoctoral fellowship positions are the following:
- Candidates must hold a recent PhD in the field of education / sociology or related areas which was awarded over the last 5 years or received before starting work at HSE in a relevant field by an internationally recognized university and has been assessed by external reviewers as having the potential to pursue research that is publishable in leading peer-reviewed journals;
- Candidates should have a strong background in either quantitative or qualitative methods in educational studies, ability to conduct research and interest in publishing.
- Fluent English is an obligatory condition as research and other activities are conducted in English. Knowledge of Russian is not required;
- Relevant experience will be an asset although not required.
The position involves:
- working under the direct supervision of Sergey Kosaretski, Centre Director, PhD;
- participants are encouraged to pursue their own research along with working on Centre’s research projects such as:
- Assessment of regional educational systems in Russia
- Educational improvement project in Yakutia Region
- writing research papers for international peer-reviewed journals in co-authorship with the members of Centre;
- participation in the events of the Centre and other contribution to the Lab’s development;
- public presentations of candidate’s own research to the academic community;
- some teaching is encouraged, though not required.
Appointments are normally made for one year. Postdoctoral fellows have an opportunity of renewal of the contract (no more than two times).
HSE University offers postdoctoral fellows a competitive salary, the standard medical insurance plan, a working space equipped with a computer and free Internet access at the University.
The Centre offers access to its databases and analytical software, as well as options for collecting additional data if necessary for research.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: