The George Washington University Institute for Korean Studies
Postdoctoral Fellowship in Korean Studies (Social Sciences)
Academic Year 2020-21
The George Washington University Institute for Korean Studies (GWIKS) is now accepting applications for an Assistant Research Professor of International Affairs and Postdoctoral Fellow in academic year 2020-21. This fellowship is open to scholars in the social sciences focusing on a Korea-related research topic.
The postdoctoral fellowship will cover up to 12-month period between August 1, 2020, and July 31, 2021 and provide a stipend of $52,000, as well as conference travel funds up to $2,000. The postdoctoral fellow is responsible for ensuring they (and all of their dependents) have individual health insurance plans for the duration of the fellowship. The postdoctoral fellow will also receive office space, a personal computer, access to libraries, and other resources at the George Washington University. In addition, the postdoctoral fellow will be invited to participate in the academic life of GWIKS.
- Reside in the metropolitan D.C. area;
- Work on revising their doctoral dissertation for publication as a monograph;
- Give a public lecture for the GWIKS Lecture Series during their appointment period;
- Help organize two book manuscript workshops (September and April);
- Mentor GWIKS Undergraduate Fellows; and
- Participate in GWIKS events and related activities.
Applicants must have received their Ph.D. in the social sciences, and all untenured scholars are eligible to apply. The applicant who is awarded the fellowship must complete all requirements for the Ph.D. (dissertation deposited) by May 31, 2020.
The application must be submitted by 5 p.m. EST on Friday, January 17, 2020. We will provide the decision by mid-February, 2020.
Required Application Materials:
- Most up-to-date curriculum vitae (CV)
- Cover letter explaining research project, teaching experience, and what the fellow plans to accomplish while in residence at GWIKS
- Statement of Research
- Statement of Teaching (Optional)
- Writing Sample (max. 40 pages)
- Three (3) Letters of Recommendation (emailed by referees directly to GWIKS: email@example.com)
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.