En Foco Photography Fellowship
The 4th Annual En Foco Photography Fellowship is designed to support photographers of color who demonstrate the highest quality of work as determined by a photography panel of peers and industry professionals.
The Photography Fellowship Program includes:
•10 Fellowships awards at $1,000 each.
• A 2020 Group Exhibition of Fellows.
• A feature in the 2020 Nueva Luz publication, printed & online editions.
• Professional development and networking opportunities.
En Foco is highly regarded for its leadership in support of photographers of color and for its advocacy role in addressing the issues related to cultural equity and access. Previous Fellows have had access to many opportunities beyond the fellowship as a result of this award.
•Create an account with Submittable.com.
• 5-7 images (5 images are required, additional 2 are optional,)
• A written work description (no more than 300 words)
• A one-page resume & 150-word biography.
• A 200-word artist statement.
• Head shot (300 dpi jpeg only).
WHO CAN APPLY
• Photographers of Latino, African, Asian American heritage, Native Peoples of the Americas and the Pacific.
• Must be a resident of New York City or New York State for the past year at the time of submission (Must show proof of NYS residency.)
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• Collaborating photographers are eligible to apply BUT only one photographer can submit the application.
• Previous fellowship recipients must wait three years before they can reapply.
• Photography for consideration must represent work completed after 2016.
WHO CANNOT APPLY
• Graduate or undergraduate students matriculated in a fine art and/or photography degree program at the time of application submission.
• En Foco’s Board members and staff are ineligible to apply.
The fellowship awardees will be announced Late February 2020.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: