Cross-Border Investigative Journalism Training for the Western Balkans
The Center for Media, Data, and Society at the School of Public Policy at Central European University in Budapest is announcing an open call for journalists in Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, North Macedonia, Montenegro and Serbia with some experience in investigative reporting to apply for a unique hybrid-style online and offline course on cross-border investigative journalism.
The course aims to
- equip reporters with improved skills of the latest investigative reporting techniques to be able to research, conduct and present region-specific cross-border investigations;
- integrate technology/multimedia approach for investigative research, documentation, internal organization, (multimedia) storytelling and data visualization;
- help journalists minimize their risks by providing basic legal knowledge, and digital and physical security techniques;
- prepare journalists to collaborate regionally on cross-border topics with an improved regional approach and network.
The course will
- feature top-level journalists as instructors with experience in cross-border investigations both from the region and from other parts of Europe;
- mix theory and methods with hands-on, practical approach for a complex learning experience;
- deliver content in a wide range of forms and formats including readings, exercises, case studies, best practices, expert coaching, interactive expert feedback, individual and group assignments, in text and multimedia formats;
- include the possibility of funding for teams of participants to work on specific cross-border investigations, with the goal of producing and publishing these investigations;
- facilitate participants` learning experience by combining the online course with an offline training, and by ensuring that the online components remain available for further use after completion of the course.
The course will start with an intensive two-day training in Belgrade, Serbia, on December 10-11, 2019, followed by eight weeks of top-level online instruction.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: