Call for Participants: Arab World Heritage Young Professionals Forum
The Arab World Heritage Young Professionals Forum is organized by the UNESCO World Heritage Centre, under the World Heritage Education Programme, within the framework of the UNESCO/UNOCT project on the Prevention of Violent Extremism (PVE) through Youth Empowerment in Jordan, Libya, Morocco, and Tunisia, co-funded by Canada. It is organized in collaboration with the Arab League Educational, Cultural and Scientific Organization (ALECSO).
The Forum will be held in Tunis, Tunisia, from 2 to 6 December 2019.
The Forum aims to engage and empower youth in the Arab States region in their critical roles as global citizens towards peacebuilding, through the protection, preservation and promotion of World Heritage.
The five-day Forum will gather up to 38 young professionals from the Arab States region, 2 representatives from each of the 19 countries (Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Syrian Arab Republic, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen).
Participants are expected to:
- have relevant experience in the field of World Heritage; and be working on protection, preservation and promotion of heritage in their regular activities;
- be working in and/or demonstrate interest in the promotion of peace;
- be citizens of one of the 19 countries in the Arab States region;
- be between 23 and 32 years of age on the date of application;
- be fluent in English;
- be motivated and committed to implementing the outcomes of the Forum in their respective countries;
- be available for the entire duration of the Forum;
Note: Presenting project proposals and ideas related to World Heritage that promote peacebuilding, while applying, will be considered an additional asset.
The deadline for the submission of applications is 3 October 2019 at 23:59 CET.
Gender and geographical diversity will be taken into account when making the selection of the participants, along with the diversity of professional backgrounds and experience.
The selected applicants will be informed in the second half of October.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.