Student Media Grant Program (SMGP)
About the Grant
ConDev’s Student Media Grants award up to $5,000 to current students interested in capturing conflict-related issues facing fragile and conflict-affected areas of Latin America through stunning photography and/or videography. This photojournalism grant is funded by the Howard G. Buffett Foundation Chair on Conflict and Development.
- Application deadline: October 31, 2019
- Students (undergraduate and graduate) from around the world are encouraged to apply, but projects must be conducted in Latin America.
- The 2020 application period begins Sept 1, 2019
- Students should choose an international development area that reflects issues of food insecurity, health, education, land tenure, poverty, migration, school violence, or other conflict-related issues facing people in fragile and conflict-affected nations in Latin America.
- Read more about the grant and see examples of previous grant projects here: Student Media Grant Program
The program is OPEN TO UNIVERSITY STUDENTS WORLDWIDE (undergraduate, graduate or PhD) wishing to conduct photojournalism projects in Latin America. Proposals for other areas of the world will not be considered.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: