International Biennial Poster Design Terras Gauda – Francisco Mantecón Competition 2019
This competition is open to any natural (+18) or corporate person subject only to the restrictions imposed by current legislation.
Original copies of entries, which must be unpublished, are to be submitted or mailed (by recorded delivery if the participant so wishes) to the offices of Bodegas Terras Gauda in O Rosal (Galicia, Spain). All entries must be submitted in two formats:
- Recorded in high resolution on a CD (in PC- readable format) or USB memory in editable format.
- Posters must be printed and attached to some sort of suitably protected 50 x 70 cm rigid support, such as foam core board, and include an email address and a contact telephone number written on the back
Any form of photographic, painting or computerised techniques, etc may be used.
Under exceptional circumstances originals created using painting techniques (oil, watercolours, guasch, pastels, etc) may be accepted without a computerised format.
Each participant is allowed to present a maximum of two entries.
Participant may base their entries on the theme of their choice, although ideally they will reflect corporate issues of the organising company, principally relating to its white wines of the Albariño variety Terras Gauda and Abadía de San Campio wines. Credit will be given for creativity and the incorporation of the Company's logo into the design.
If requested, Bodegas Terras Gauda will provide the designers with a vectored copy of the logo that may be apllied to the works, as well as images of their products.
The works will be presented inside a sealed envelope bearing the author's pseudonym. The contact information must appear on the bottom of the poster in a perfectly legible format.
In another sealed envelope bearing the author's pseudonym, it is critical that the following information be included:
- Artist's full name
- Photocopy of his/her Identity Card
- Address, Telephone Number and email, also be made on the back of the poster
- Written acceptance of the competition rules
- CD (readable on a PC) or USB memory containing the work saved in high resolution
For cultural purposes only, no commercial value is the phrase that is written on customs forms when posters are sent internationally
ADDRESS AND CLOSING DATE
The works are to be sent to Bodegas Terras Gauda, S. A., at the following address: Carretera de Tui-A Guarda, km. 55, O Rosal - 36760 Pontevedra, Spain, before 6 p.m. on 30 September 2019. All those works postmarked in the sender’s postoffice prior to 6 p.m. on 30 September will be accepted.
The winning works and all corresponding rights will become the property of Bodegas Terras Gauda, S. A., that likewise reserves the right to reproduce the finalists´ works. Once the participating posters have been exhibited for the panel of judges, the media and the general public, they will be destroyed to ensure that they will not be used for purposes other than participation in this contest.
PANEL OF JUDGES
The jury of the International Biennial Poster Design Terras Gauda – Francisco Mantecón Competition 2019 will be chaired by José Mª Fonseca Moretón, Chairman of Bodegas Terras Gauda.
In addition, the panel of judges also includes:
- Mr. Javier Jaén · Graphic designer
- Mr. Enrique Costas Rodríguez – Managing Director of Bodegas Terras Gauda
- Mr. Diego Areso · Art Director El País and País Semanal
- Mr. Enrique López Veiga – President of Autoridad Portuaria de Vigo
- Mrs. Pilar Barreiro Mosquera – Philologist and widow of Francisco Mantecón
- Mr. Miguel Palmeiro (Design studio UnitedBy ) – Winner of the past edition
- Mrs. Mª Nava Castro Domínguez · Director of the Galician Tourism Bureau
- Mr. Paulino Novo Folgueira – Philologist (Panel secretary)
The judges' decision is final and they hold sole responsibility for resolving any situation not contemplated in these rules and conditions.
Terras Gauda Wineries shall award:
- GRAND PRIZE, WORTH 10,000 EUROS
- 1st HONORABLE MENTION, AUTORIDAD PORTUARIA AWARD, WORTH 2,000 EUROS
- 2nd HONORABLE MENTION, WORTH 2,000 EUROS
- SPECIAL MENTION, WORTH 2,000 EUROS (The warehouse reserves the right to grant a Special Mention).
The judges may opt not to award any of the prizes. In this event, the corresponding prize money is to be donated to an organization that, in the opinion of the panel of judges, has made an outstanding social or cultural contribution to Galicia.
Status as a finalist and prize winner means the mandatory participation in the RESTRICTED COMPETITION: GALICIAN TOURISM-ADVERTISING IMAGE DESIGN TO PROMOTE THE “9th and 10th GALICIAN WINE ROUTES OPEN DOOR SESSIONS”, endowed with 10,000€ in prizes.
The judge’s decision will be announced to the designers whose works are among the finalists in the competition on the days following their meeting.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.