5th International Poster Contest 2019
Following the great success of the 4th International Poster Contest about Typography, with 570 entries from 51 countries, the Museum of Typography in Chania expands its field of interest and invites artists from around the world to participate in the 5th contest themed “Typography – window to the world”.
The invitation is mainly for professionals and students of graphic and visual arts who wish to design an original poster inspired by their homeland, featuring the culture, characteristic monuments – symbols, the natural environment, the history, the people, even the things that need to be changed.
The 30 posters selected by the jury will receive honorary distinctions and the top three will receive substantial prizes:
• 1,500 € for the first winner
• 1,000 € for the second winner
• 700 € for the third winner
The awards and prizes ceremony, along with the opening of the exhibition, will take place on Saturday, November 16, 2019, at the amphitheater of the Museum of Typography.
The jury of the competition consists of:
• Giannis Garedakis, journalist – publisher, founder of the newspaper “Haniotika nea” and chairman of the Board of the Museum of Typography
• Dimitris Arvanitis, Graphic Designer, member of AG I-Alliance Graphique Internationale
• Lila Kalogeri, illustrator
• Spyros Ornerakis, cartoonist and illustrator
• Gisis Papageorgiou, cartoonist and illustrator
• Antonis Papantonopoulos, typographer, lithographer
Terms of participation
1) Interested parties should send their work from Monday, July 15th to Monday, 30th September 2019at the email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Participation must be accompanied by a text file with the name of the author, the place of residence and contact details (telephone and email) and – optionally – a short description of the project (up to 100 words). The name of both files should be the name of the contestants in Latin characters.
2) Dimensions should be 50 × 70 cm. PDF, CMYK, image at 200 ppi and not exceed 25 Mb. Otherwise the work should be sent with wetransfer, or similar service. A low resolution (.jpg) file should be attached for web use.
3) The contest is open to anyone who wants to take part with the possibility of sending only one original project created specifically for the competition. Employees of “Haniotika News” SA and the “Printing Museum of Yannis & Eleni Garedaki” are excluded from the contest.
4) Interested parties can find the Museum’s logo.
5) The results of the competition will be announced at the awards ceremony that will be hosted at the “Museum of Typography” amphitheater. After the ceremony, the results will be announced in the newspaper “Haniotika Nea”, at the website of the museum and on the official website of the museum on facebook.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.