Emerging Producers Bursary Program
The Emerging Producers Bursary Program offers up-and-coming producers and content creators working in science, history, and non-fiction media a range of financial support for accreditation, travel and accommodation for Congress '19, presented by the World Congress of Science & Factual Producers.
The goal of the Bursary Program is to welcome and represent diverse emerging talent and encourage a new generation of Congress members. Producers and content creators working in all science and non-fiction media are encouraged to apply including those working in digital media, social media and gaming.
For Congress '19, the Emerging Producers Bursary Program will expand to award up to five full bursaries and up to 20 partial bursaries. Additionally, for the first time, legacy support will be introduced offering this year's recipients discounted accreditation for Congress '20 and Congress '21.
How It Works
Qualified applicants will be selected to receive one of the following tiers of support for Congress '19 in Tokyo, Japan from December 2 – 5, 2019:
Full Bursary (Tier 1)
- Full registration for the Congress '19 in Tokyo, Japan
- Travel and accommodation
- Formal introduction at the Congress’ opening plenary
- Guaranteed one-on-one meetings with decision makers
- Orientation session with leading producers to help facilitate the most effective WCSFP experience
- Tailored assistance and advice to successfully navigate WCSFP
- Discounted accreditation to attend Congress 2020 and 2021
Priority for the Full Scholarship will be given to producers from emerging markets and to digital media producers/content creators.
Partial Bursary (Tier 2 - no travel support)
- Full registration for the 2019 Congress in Tokyo, Japan;
- Formal introduction at the Congress’ opening plenary;
- Orientation session with leading producers to help facilitate the most effective WCSFP experience;
- Tailored assistance and advice to successfully navigate WCSFP.
- Discounted accreditation to attend Congress 2020 and 2021.
Eligibility and Guidelines
- Applicants must be first time WCSFP attendees
- Any producer or content creator under the age of 35 may apply for the bursary. Exceptions will be made for producers and content creators who have undergone a career change. Please self-identify in your application
- For Tier 1 bursaries, two priorities have been identified:
- Digital Media Producers/Content Creators
- Applicants from outside the WCSFP’s traditional attendance base (i.e. outside of Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Japan, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland, UK, USA)
- The Emerging Producer Bursary Program welcomes underrepresented voices and encourages applications from across all cultural and geographic backgrounds
- Applicants must demonstrate experience working in the science, history or factual genres in one of the following roles: executive producer, producer, associate producer, assistant producer, or digital, gaming or social media content creator
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate that their careers are at a stage to benefit from attendance at a large international event
- A one-page application statement detailing the applicant’s involvement in science, history or non-fiction media, including a description of his/her most recent project and his/her goals for attending Congress.
- CV and short bio that outlines the applicant’s experience as a producer.
- A letter of support from a broadcaster or senior producer. In lieu of a letter of support digital media content creators may submit a letter detailing their audience reach, including information on how they interact with their audiences and numbers indicating their audience and social media reach.
- Links to the applicants previous work. Please indicate your role on the supporting footage.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.