Jewish Museum and Tolerance Center (Moscow)
Grant "Research in the Field of History and Culture of the Jews in Russia (Russia before Peter the Great,
Russian Empire, USSR and the former Soviet Union)" in 2020
The terms and conditions of the Grant:
- Grant amount: from 200 thousand rubles to 1.5 million rubles per year;
- The implementation period of the projects: from 1 to 3 years (the decision to renew the grant to each subsequent year is accepted on the basis of interim reports);
- Purposes: fundamental or applied research practices in the framework of the selected topic;
- Participants: contest of individual and group projects, announced for Russian and foreign researchers of history and culture of the Jews in Russia. Both individuals and corporate entities (non-profit organizations) may apply to participate in the contest.
The deadline for submission of applications: November 10, 2019.
Announcement of the contest results: January 20, 2020.
Expected research results:
- Publication of an article following the research in one of the leading scientific journals (if the grant amount is from 200 to 500 thousand rubles, and the project realization term does not exceed one year);
- Preparation of a monograph text for publication (obligatory for the projects for more than a year and funding of more than 500 thousand rubles).
The process and criteria of selecting applications:
The applications will be assessed by members of the Expert Committee of the Research Center of the Jewish Museum in the following criteria:
- project novelty;
- significance of the expected scientific results;
- scientific and methodical proficiency of the project;
- appropriateness of the grant amount to the project objectives;
- previous research results of the applicant with respect to the topic.
The main stages of the Contest:
- July 2019 — opening of the contest;
- November 10, 2019 — deadline for submission of applications;
- January 20, 2020 — summary of the contest results;
- The deadlines for interim and final reports are to be determined separately for each project.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: