GRANTS FOR ARTISTS
These grants support artists (individuals, collaborations, or collectives) to develop their practice. Among other activities, the grants can be used to pursue threads of research, stage an event, make new work, publish, travel, take part in a residency or workshop, or present an exhibition or performance. The grants can cover part or all of the proposed activity or project. Approximately ten grants are awarded each calendar year, with an average value of US$5,000. Results are communicated within four weeks of the deadline to apply. Grant recipients are selected by an external advisory committee. The advisors’ names are published after grant recipients are announced.
- Applicants must come from the field of contemporary arts (all disciplines are welcome). However, given the scale of our grants, applications for feature films production are not given priority.
- Applicants must be primarily engaged with artistic concerns and aim toward high artistic merit.
- Activities or projects can take place anywhere in the world, but must be by artists or arts practitioners from or living in the Arab world, and/or engaged with the Arab world.
- The proposal must be achievable and completed within twelve months of the grant submission deadline.
- Applications to attend degree-based study programs (such as MAs or PhDs) are out of the grant program’s scope and will not be considered.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.