Culture for Local Development: Open Call for 2019 Entries
Cultural managers from Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, Poland and Ukraine are cordially invited by The Adam Mickiewicz Institute and the European Solidarity Centre to apply for the 4th edition of the Culture for Local Development international project.
Participants in the project will take part in three activities: a summer school in Poland; a contest for the best sociocultural project; and a programme designed for graduates. The aim is to create an international network of professionals in the field of culture, equipping participants with skills in project management and leadership.To be eligible, applicants must:
- be between 22-35 years old and involved in the management of cultural projects at their different stages (i.e. initiation, coordination, realisation)
- have a focus on local communities and perceive culture as a potential tool for social change
- want to add elements of international collaboration to their work
- want to gain new skills to improve their local creative activities.
Importantly, the working language of the project is English, so participants must be able to interact using English to at least a B2-equivalent level.
Culture for Local Development 2018, photo: organisers' materials
Selected participants will be invited to take part in the Summer School, which will take place in Poland (Warsaw and Gdańsk) from 6th to 14th June 2019. The Summer School's programme will involve workshops as well as study visits to Polish cultural and civic institutions and NGOs. Based on the experience gained during these activities, participants will be invited to propose projects for realisation. The winning project will be supported by the Adam Mickiewicz Institute with the possibility of implementation in 2020.
- Leaders of Change Foundation
- Study Tours to Poland
- Creative Georgia
- Ukrainian Cultural Foundation
- Polish-American Freedom Foundation
Selected candidates will be notified by email by 26th April 2019. The organisers reserve the right to carry out additional interviews with them. Travel and accommodation costs of the Summer School will be covered by the organisers. In the case of questions, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.