The HWK is an ideal platform for building networks on campus and with the regional collaboration partners. Regular and Junior Fellowships are currently offered in the four research areas within the scientific program of the HWK: Brain, Earth, Energy, Society and the area of Arts & Literature .
All other Fellowship categories follow specific rules as stated in the overview below. With the Fellowship program, the HWK supports research and science as well as arts and humanities, benefitting not only the individual Fellow but also the scientific community in regional research institutions.
Overview of HWK Fellowship categories:
Regular Fellowship: appointment based on application procedure; duration: three to ten months. Splitting into no more than two periods of residence is possible. Requirements: Completed doctoral degree; the planned project must fit within one of the HWK’s research fields. Collaborations with colleagues at the regional universities and research institutes are appreciated but not a necessary condition for a Fellowship application.
- Junior Fellowship: appointment based on application procedure; duration: three to ten months. Requirements: a doctoral degree earned within the last five years; otherwise, the conditions are the same as for the Regular Fellowship.
- Twin Fellowship: no application possible, but must be nominated by a current Regular or Junior Fellow! Duration: two to eight weeks. Goal: intense collaboration for the benefit of the Fellowship project.
- Associate Fellowship: no regular application procedure, but available only for regional scientists to work on specific Projects.
- Associate Junior Fellowship: only available for regional junior scientists in the Humanities and Social Sciences, fellows continue their own research at their respective institutions, but meet for various events at HWK. The program also provides funding opportunities, e.g. for conferences and workshop. Duration: up to three years.
- Artist in Residence: suitable candidates are pre-selected by the Artistic Advisory Board and invited by the Rector of the HWK; variable duration, based on the respective artistic project.
- Writer in Residence: invited by the Rector of the HWK; variable duration.
Call for applications for Fellowships
Hanse-Wissenschaftskolleg (Institute for Advanced Study), Delmenhorst, Germany
The Hanse-Wissenschaftskolleg (HWK) in Delmenhorst, Germany, is an Institute for Advanced Study in the Northwest of Germany. Its Fellowship program offers outstanding scholars the opportunity to focus on research without the distraction of everyday routines in academia, to interact with colleagues from other disciplines, and to benefit from the wide range of academic traditions represented at the institute. The HWK awards Fellowships to highly qualified scholars of all career levels, from postdoctoral researchers to senior scientists.
The HWK will publish its next call in 2019 with the deadline July 15th, 2019.
Excellent researchers with a PhD from all disciplines and from all parts of the world (except northwestern Germany) are welcome to apply. We also accept applications involving experimental and lab research; in these cases confirmation of access to research infrastructure at a near-by institution is required.
Fellowship duration ranges from 3 to 10 months. Residence at HWK is obligatory. Financial conditions are to be negotiated on an individual basis.
Written applications are required. Please download, read and follow our guide “How to apply and financial conditions” carefully. If you have further questions please contact the Head of Program responsible for your research area.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: