International Fellowship for Outstanding Researchers Programme
Aim of the Call
The International Fellowship for Outstanding Researchers Program aims to support qualified researchers with leading scientific and/or technological achievements and international work experience to conduct their research in leading university, industrial or public institutions to contribute in areas that are strategic value to Turkey.
The Scope of the Fellowship
The program is designed to include the following aspects of financial support:
- Scholarship for Project Leaders
- Family allowance for the Project Leader
- Initial research grant,
- Research grant,
- Scholarship for establishing a research team (scholarship for up to 5 doctoral students the project coordinator will include in the research team for conducting his/her research in Turkey)
- Project incentive bonus for researchers,
- Overhead for the host institution,
- Health insurance for the project leader and his/her family,
- Travel allowance for the project leader and his/her family, The duration of the fellowship is to be between 24 to 36 months. The project leader is allowed to spend up to 3 months per year abroad as a means of facilitating the transfer of knowledge from their previous institution. The project coordinator is required to notify TÜBİTAK at least one week prior to travel abroad. The financial support of the fellowship will continue during this time. The progress reports should elaborate on this timeframe of international mobility. In case the project leaders find employment at the host institution on a permanent basis, all granted financial support items including scholarship shall continue for the project leaders and their family. The evaluation is performed only based on the application documents that are uploaded to the application system. For this reason, the document for each condition must be uploaded to the system with explicit and specified content. Following the notification of the grant decision, the Project Coordinator must submit the following documents to TÜBİTAK and start his/her research within 6 months at the latest.
- Research project proposal form
- A motivation Letter, prepared by Project Leader and must include purpose for coming to Turkey, the research projects/plans and career plans after International Fellowship for Outstanding Researchers Programme
- Documents of residence abroad for researchers who live abroad during the application (e.g. tax certificate, rental agreement or monthly electricity bill)
- Entry and Exit Report Document for Turkey, received from the "e-devlet” portal for previous 3 years from the date of application for Turkish Citizen researchers.
- Original or certified copy of the diploma or graduation certificate for the most recent academic degree (certified English translation of a diploma in a language other than Turkish or English must be sent).
- A document showing full-time research experience abroad for researchers without a Ph.D. degree (e.g. a working certificate taken from the human resources unit indicating the position, hours per week and the duration of work.
- A statement of commitment to comply with ethical rules and to obtain legal permits, if necessary.
- An invitation letter signed by the rector or vice-rector if the host institution is a university, director if the host institution is a research infrastructure that has been qualified within the scope of the Law on Support of Research Infrastructures (Law No. 6550) and officially authorized representative if the host institution is a private sector or other public institution.
- Total Requested Budget Form
- Curriculum Vitae
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: