Solution Hack for Journalists
The Solution Hack for Journalists is a free 2-day masterclass on a method that helps journalists get a big picture of climate and global challenges, and assess green solutions at the business, industrial and city levels.
In partnership with Disrupt Design founded by Leyla Acaroglu, the UNEP Champion of the Earth, the Finnish Innovation Fund Sitra and the City of Joensuu, our Helsinki edition offers a masterclass for 16 journalists to dig deeper into how Finland, a leading innovation country, is tackling climate and global challenges to build a sustainable future. Held on 26-27 March 2019 in Helsinki, the masterclass will not only explore the Finnish model of sustainability, but also offer training on the Disruptive Design Method (DDM), a new method for journalistic research and reporting.
In a nutshell:
- Theme: 'Building a Sustainable Future: In Depth in Finland'
- Date: 26-27 March 2019
- Location: Helsinki, Finland
- Participants: 16 journalists covering environment, science, sustainability, economy, business, urban planning, lifestyle, and consumer products
- Fee: Free-of-charge. Flights, accommodation and most meals are covered and paid by the organisers.
- Powered by: The Lookout Station, Disrupt Design, Sitra, and City of Joensuu
- Application Deadline: 26 February 2019 (at 15pm CET)
The DDM helps journalists look at climate and global challenges through the lenses of systems thinking and life cycle thinking, and equip them to critically assess eco-friendly practices, identify best practices and spot greenwashing. To achieve that, the masterclass will take the journalists on a journey of circular economy and life cycle stages to understand how the product is made, and how it can be used, reused and disposed. The Hack in Helsinki is particularly relevant for journalists who are covering: environment, science, economy, business, urban lifestyle and green products.
Through the Solution Hack for Journalists, you will:
- Get a free training on the Disruptive Design Method (DDM) incl. an online group call with Leyla Acaroglu, the UNEP Champion of the Earth
- Visit local innovation companies that are rethinking life cycles of their products
- Learn new tools and methods to better report on sustainable and eco-friendly practices
- Meet and engage with practioners and innovators who are making a difference
- Become part of a community of international journalists with shared interests
The Solution Hack for Journalists is for all journalists who are interested in the Disruptive Design Method and willing to apply in their day-to-day reporting. The Hack in Helsinki is particularly relevant for journalists who are covering: environment, sustainablity, economy, business, lifestyle, and consumer products.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: