JM Jazz World Orchestra 2019
Organised by JM International, the JM Jazz World Orchestra is a unique project, bringing together some of planet's most promising young jazz talents as one international big band.
We are pleased to announce that the JMJWO is now open to applications for the 2019 edition. We are looking for musicians aged between 18-26 playing saxophone, trombone, trumpet, horn, tuba, guitar, bass, drums, percussion, piano and vocals. Selected musicians will have the chance to play with other first-class young musicians under the guidance of the JMJWO Artistic Director and other internationally-renowned jazz mentors.
These musicians will gain an invaluable opportunity to tour internationally in the summer of 2019, playing with the best young jazz musicians from around the world and working with world-class jazz mentors.
We are pleased to announce that US trombonist and composer/arranger Luis Bonilla will return for the 2018 edition, continuing his outstanding work as Artistic Director. Also mentoring the musicians of the JMJWO will be drummer John Riley, saxophonist Dick Oatts and many more.
The 2019 edition will run from late-July to early-August and will be hosted by JM Croatia. The session will begin with rehearsals in Groznjan, Croatia, followed by an international concert/festival tour.
AN OPPORTUNITY LIKE NO OTHER
The JMJWO is a unique opportunity to play with talented and passionate jazz musicians from around the world and to learn from some of the planets most accomplished jazz musicians who direct, mentor and perform alongside the orchestra.
As well as maintaining the highest standards of musicianship and working with the planet, the orchestra also offers an invaluable intercultural learning experience and a taste of life as an internationally touring musician.
Application DEADLINE: 3 February 2019.
IMPORTANT: to complete your application you will need to provide the following:
• Your full CV (must contain information about faculty of music, academy and school of music, experience acquired as a jazz musician).
• Recommendation from a music teacher or similar.
• A signed statement from either your parents, yourself, university, school or a JMI National Member or Associate Section, stating that your travel costs to and from the tour will be covered (see CONDITIONS below).
• Attach links to videos with you performing at least 2 different pieces: a theme and an improvisation. The candidates need to be clearly heard, with an important soloist part.
• (Optional) Additional links to websites where audio or video files can be streamed.
• NOTE: The video and audio material must be clearly marked with the name of the candidate, the part of their musical performance and title. Please note that the maximum allowed size for each directly uploaded file is 10MB.
A professional international jury will select the best candidates. The candidates who make it through the first selection may be asked to present additional material.
ANNOUNCEMENT OF RESULTS
The jury will select around 20 musicians to form the JM Jazz World Orchestra 2019 as well as a reserve shortlist of musicians, who may join the project in the case of cancellations. All candidates will be notified about the results by the end of February.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.