DESY Summer Student Programme 2019
Selected candidates join in the day-to-day work of research groups at the DESY Laboratory in Hamburg or Zeuthen (Berlin).
While the work in the groups is the main activity, there will also be a series of lectures (given in English) related to the research done at DESY. Visits to the accelerators and experiments are also included in this programme.
Who can apply
- Please take note that due to regulations for paid traineeships in Germany we can only accept students that are enrolled at their university for the whole period of the summerstudent programme.
- Applicants should have completed, by the summer of 2019, at least three years of full-time studies at university level in physics, related natural science disciplines or computing. Please take note that large majority of projects we offer is for physics students. The main target audiences are students who in summer 2019 are at the following two stages:
- they are about to obtain their Bachelor degree
- they have a Bachelor degree and are within the first year of studies for a Master degree.
Applicants who already obtained a master-degree or will obtain the master degree in 2019 are not accepted.
- Applicants should not have previously been at DESY as a summer student
Duration and dates: The Summer student programme takes place from July 16 to September 5 2019.The students are expected to stay for the full period.
Allowances: DESY Summer Students will be paid a subsistence allowance to cover living expenses for a single person.
Travel expenses: Travel expenses will be subsidized.
- a CV (curriculum vitae), the CV should be in tabular form only and contain personal data, educational history / relevant work experience, computing and other relevant work skills (usually one or two pages are sufficient for the complete CV).
Documents to be uploaded:
- University grade certificates (e.g. bachelor certificate, credit points, etc.).
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.