Starting in April 2019, the a.r.t.e.s. Graduate School for the Humanities Cologne will award 10 doctoral fellowships as part of in the a.r.t.e.s. EUmanities programme. The programme is co-funded by the European Union and the University of Cologne within the Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions (MSCA).
Application deadline: October 31, 2018
Application via a.r.t.e.s. access
To apply for an a.r.t.e.s. EUmanities-fellowship in the a.r.t.e.s. EUmanities programme, please create an account with a.r.t.e.s. access. After login, please choose the application procedure “Doctoral fellowships within the a.r.t.e.s. EUmanities programme (starting April 2019)” and follow the instructions.
In addition to general information about yourself and your doctoral dissertation project, please upload the following documents via a.r.t.e.s. access:
- Letter of motivation (1 page, in English)
- Curriculum vitae (tabular overview, in English)
- If necessary, please include scans of authorised translations of the documents into either German, English, or French.
- Please also note that we need a complete transcript of records along with your degree certificate and an overview of your university's grading system (preferably with a conversion table) that is usually in appendix to your final diploma.
- Please note that you must have passed all examinations determining your final grade in order to qualify for the programme. If you do not possess your diploma yet, please submit a transcript of records and/or certification of the responsible examination office and/or supervisor. The final deadline for submitting the diploma is November 30, 2018.Scan of university diploma and transcript of records
- Scan of higher education entrance qualification (e.g. A-levels, Baccalauréat, etc.)
- Research proposal for the doctoral dissertation project (7,000–12,000 characters (incl. spaces) plus footnotes, appendix and bibliography, in English)
(Please note: The research proposal should also outline how your doctoral dissertation project fits within an eligible discipline of the Faculty of Arts and Humanities of the University of Cologne.)
- Filled-in MSCA application form
(Please download the PDF application form to your PC before filling it out, as filling it out in the browser frequently causes problems. To minimise the chance of complications, we advise you to fill out the form using the latest version of the official Adobe Acrobat Reader. Please remember to save your entries and upload the document to a.r.t.e.s. access. A signature is not needed.)
- Expert report on the doctoral dissertation project
(Please note: This document can be submitted separately via e-mail to artes-EUmanities(at)uni-koeln.de.)
- (If applicable) Further evidence for claims made in the application (e.g. childrens’ birth certificates, documentation of vocational or other training times, medical certificates of disabilities and/or other impairments, etc.)
Please hand in all application documents via the web portal by the application deadline of October 31, 2018. The university diploma may be handed in later (at the latest by November 30, 2018) by email to artes-EUmanities(at)uni-koeln.de.
Please note that it is not possible to apply simultaneously for an a.r.t.e.s. EUmanities fellowship and an a.r.t.e.s. Doctoral Scholarship. For more information on double/multiple applications, please see our FAQ.
For all questions concerning a.r.t.e.s. EUmanities, please visit our FAQ. Contact for further questions: artes-EUmanities(at)uni-koeln.de. If you have any further questions regarding doctoral studies at the University of Cologne’s Faculty of Arts and Humanities in general, please visit the FAQ of the Central Doctoral Office.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.