IRCMS will provide financial support to graduate students with exceptional academic qualifications and strong motivation to perform cutting-edge biomedical research through the IRCMS Fellowship. Prospective students are expected to be enrolled in the master's or doctoral degree program at Kumamoto University and to train under the supervision of PIs affiliated with the IRCMS. The Fellowship will be awarded on a competitive basis and the selected candidates will be guided through the entrance process of the Graduate School for Medical Sciences of Kumamoto University. The IRCMS Fellowship is open to applicants of all nationalities and the graduate training supported by this Fellowship will be conducted in English.
Now we are calling for the application for the 2019 spring enrollment.
1. Fellowship Details
Successful candidate will be appointed as Research Assistant (RA) or Teaching Assistant (TA) and be paid upon Kumamoto University's regulation. (1,090yen per hour for Master course students, 1,220yen per hour for Ph.D course students, with a maximum of 20 hours per week. Income tax will be deducted before payment.)
No other cost will be covered by IRCMS.
2. Period and Number of Fellowships
The period of Fellowship will be from after applicant's enrollment to March 2020 (max 12months).
IRCMS plans to select 1 or 2 successful candidates.
3. Eligibility Requirements
Applicants must agree to apply for one of the departments shown below of Graduate School of Medical Sciences in Kumamoto University.
4. Application Procedure
Applications must be submitted by email to ircms [at] jimu.kumamoto-u.ac.jp. Application will not be accepted after the deadline date.
5. Application Documents
All of the following documents should be in A4 size. IRCMS may request additional documents if necessary. The total file size for each application should not exceed 5Mb.
1) Application form and CV with the designated format.
2) Undergraduate academic transcript (for master applicants); undergraduate and master academic transcripts (for doctoral applicants);
3) Degree certificate;
4) Official English Test score (TOEFL-PBT/-ITP, TOEIC/TOEIC-IP or IELTS).
5) 1-2 recommendation letters from teachers/mentors.
6) Any additional supporting documents (e.g., awards, publications).
6. Application deadline
Application will be submitted by November 12, 2018
7. Screening Process & Announcement of the Results
Step 1: The supervising PI will see the application packets.
In case supervisor of the department will not be able to accept the student, the application of the fellowship is automatically cancelled. Applicants are recommended to talk about their intention of the enrollment with the supervising PI beforehand.
Step 2: Fellowship committee will make the short list
Step 3: Short-listed candidates will be invited for online-based interview in late November.
Step 4: IRCMS will inform the result in early December
8. Withdrawal of the Fellowship
If the recipient of the IRCMS Fellowship gets another scholarship or fellowship from outside the Kumamoto University, either at the same time or after the start of the IRCMS Fellowship, the candidate can choose to keep one of them, but not both.
9. Duty to the Fellowship recipient
(1) Each fellowship recipient should have a presentation to show their achievement in the end of the fellowship support.
(2) After enrollment, successful applicants are expected to discuss with supervising PIs and apply for additional financial support.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.