Scope of the Support
Scope of the Fellowship
The scope of the program includes monthly stipend, travel expenses and private health insurance cost.
The Amount and Duration of the Support
- A monthly stipend of 2,500 Turkish Liras
- Travel costs (round trip up to 2,250 TL) and private health insurance premiums (up to 70 TL per month). *
Maximum duration of the support is 12 months.
*In case of the decision of GYK, travel costs and health insurance for the fellow may be partially covered.
Who Can Apply
- Being a foreign citizen,
- As from the deadline of the application, having registered to a doctoral program abroad and being successful in the PhD qualifying exam or having completed his PhD,
- Having an invitation letter from the universities or research institutes in Turkey*
- Certifying that they have sufficient command of language, which will be used in the proposed research,
- Being 35 years old or younger as from the application deadline.
*Those having received their doctorates from a university in Turkey are required to receive an invitation letter from a different university than his/her university that they received their doctorates, and carry out their research with an academic advisor(s) other than their doctoral thesis advisor.
Applications are evaluated in two stages.
Application documents are checked during preliminary examination. Applications which do not fulfill the requirements of the application, lack of any requested documents, do not upload any document in the requested format, are not made during the application period, and are made by fax or e-mail are returned without being subjected to scientific evaluation.
A scientific evaluation is carried out by expert panelists/consultants based on the evaluation criteria.
Evaluation is based solely on documents uploaded to the system. For this reason, the documentation for each requirement must be uploaded to the system in clear and determined context. (Documents which only contains links of web pages will not be considered.)
The results of the evaluation are determined by GYK and submitted to the Presidency. The applications which will be supported and the amount of the support are finalized by the approval of the Presidency.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: