Full-time faculty at academic institutions are eligible to apply for research grants. Priority will be given to collaborative projects involving institutions in Taiwan. Projects on Taiwan Studies are especially encouraged. Research grants are usually given for no more than three years and should not exceed EUR120,000 for a three-year period. Grant funds may not be used to pay salaries to directors or co-directors, or to cover teaching relief.
Research Grants will be evaluated according to the following criteria:
- The long-term impact of the proposed project.
- The importance of the proposed project in its field.
- Originality, feasibility and methodology.
- Collaboration with other scholars.
- Project abstracts (in Chinese and English).
- A detailed itemized budget (If this sum is to be supplemented by matching funds, please include this information in the budget).
- A description of the proposed project of no more than 7 pages in length.
- Curriculum vitae of the project director and all co-directors, including lists of publications over the last five years that are related to the proposed project.
- Endorsement letter(s) from the project director and co-director(s) institution(s).
Applications must be submitted to our online application database. E-mail and paper applications will not be accepted. Applications may be submitted every year from August 1 .
- The application period for Research Grants is from August 1 to October 15. Applications after October 15 will not be accepted.
- A list of grant recipients will be announced in early June of the year following the October deadline.
- For applications that are approved, the Foundation will inform the institutions and project directors as quickly as possible in order to arrange for contracts to be signed.
- The Foundation does not provide a written critique for unsuccessful applications
- The Foundation’s grants provide support for research on Chinese Studies in the humanities and social sciences.
- Applications should not exceed the limits for grant amounts and grant duration as stated in the program descriptions given above.
- Project directors who are currently receiving Foundation aid are ineligible to apply.
- The Foundation encourages applications with matching funds from other sources. Please inform the Foundation if applying for financial assistance from other organizations at the same time. If a project director receives aid from another source after the Foundation has already decided to support the project, please inform the Foundation within 7 days after being informed by the alternate funding organization.
- For projects that exceed one year, please provide a year-by-year breakdown of budget expenditures.
- When preparing itemized budgets, please use Euros as the unit of currency.
- Funding is not available for university administrative expenses (including overhead or endowments) or the purchase of equipment.
- Foundation funds can only be transferred to and managed by institutional accounts. Endorsement letter from the applicant's institution must express the institution's willingness to comply with these procedures.
- Funds for Research Grants may not be used to cover costs for either publication projects or conferences. Project directors are welcome to apply for these funds after their grants have been completed.
- The Foundation does not supply funding for salaries of scholars involved in grant projects, or to cover teaching relief. Exceptions can be made for research assistants and technical staff.
- If there are other co-directors on the project, please also include their curriculum vitae, lists of relevant publications and letters of agreement along with the other materials required above.
- The Foundation reserves the right to post project abstracts and reports on its websites.
Tel : +886-2-2704-5333 ext.17
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.