One Young World Summit 2018
We are delighted to announce that longstanding One Young World Counsellor, Carole Stone CBE, will again sponsor a young leader to participate in the One Young World Summit – this year in The Hague. Carole believes that connecting people, exchanging ideas and building friendships around the world is essential to help make a fairer society. If you would like to apply for the Carole Stone Foundation One Young World Scholarship let us know what issue you want to focus on and why?
Scholars will receive:
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2018 in The Hague, Netherlands
- Hotel accommodation on a shared basis (inclusive) October 17-20, 2018
- The cost of travel to and from The Hague (flights in economy)
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Transport between the Summit accommodation and the Summit venue
- Summit hand-outs and support materials
Who can apply?
In order to apply you must be:
- Aged 18 - 30
Successful candidates will excel in the following areas:
- Proven leadership ability
- Evidenced creating a fairer society
Application Deadline – 18 July 2018
About Carole Stone CBE
A One Young World Counsellor since the first Summit in 2010, Carole was for many years the producer of BBC Radio 4’s flagship current affairs discussion programme Any Questions?
Since leaving the BBC, Carole has worked as a freelance journalist and broadcaster and as a media consultant to chairmen and chief executives of major British companies.
She’s the author of Networking – the art of making friends.
In April 2007 Carole became Managing Director of YouGovStone Ltd, a joint venture with the global market research company YouGov plc, where she established the YouGovStone think tank – a global panel of over 5,000 people who are leaders in their field. Currently Carole works with the YouGov-Cambridge Centre, a unique partnership between YouGov and the Cambridge POLIS Department that brings academic and polling experts together to collaborate on public policy research.
In November 2011 Carole was voted Britain’s Best Connected Woman by the Institute of Directors Director magazine and O2.
In June 2014 Carole was made a Senior Fellow of Regent’s University London. In June 2015 Carole was appointed CBE in The Queen’s Birthday Honours for services to market research and charity.
She is Chairman of the Ambassadors of the Tutu Foundation UK, which works through mediation to prevent and resolve conflict, often working with the police and street gangs.
Carole is the patron of Cairn – leading the way to end domestic abuse. Cairn has a very active youth network.
Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions for Delegates - One Young World
These Terms and Conditions apply to all bookings for Delegates to attend the One Young World 2018 Summit The Hague, which is taking place in The Hague between 17 - 20 October 2018 (the “Summit”), and form an integral part of the legally binding contract to purchase or donate the specified number of Delegate places for the Summit attached hereto.
1. To be eligible to attend the Summit, Delegates must be 18 or over at the time of the Summit and will be asked to present proof of age.
2. You must send to One Young World (“ONE YOUNG WORLD”) details of each of the Delegates who will be attending by means of a completed delegate booking form to One Young World, 14, Irving Street, London, WC2H 7AF or to firstname.lastname@example.org, or via submission of the online booking form accessible at https://www.oneyoungworld.com/summit/register. The delegate booking forms will need to be completed no later than the 30 August 2018.
3. Please check the accuracy of the information you provide on your booking form carefully, including any dietary or special access requirements, as ONE YOUNG WORLD cannot be held responsible for errors.
4. Payment terms are immediate from the date of our invoice or donation form or as otherwise agreed by ONE YOUNG WORLD with you in writing.
5. ONE YOUNG WORLD may cancel your booking at any time with immediate effect by giving you written notice if you do not pay when you are supposed to as set out in paragraph 4 above or if in ONE YOUNG WORLD’s reasonable opinion you are unable to or may be unable to comply with any requirements, including payments.
6. The price per Delegate place is £3,255.00 plus Dutch VAT (where applicable). The price does not include any flights or other transportation to or from the Summit. The travel costs must be arranged independently by the Delegate sponsor or by the Delegate.
7. The Delegate price includes hotel accommodation on a shared basis for four nights, for the nights of 17, 18, 19, 20 October 2018, with catering for breakfast, lunch and dinner on 18, 19, 20 October 2018, dinner only on 17 October 2018 and breakfast only on 21 October 2018, access to the Summit, Summit hand-outs and support materials. Public transport passes between Summit accommodation and Summit venue will be provided on the days of the 17, 20 and 21 October. Transportation out of these dates will not be provided and will have to be arranged independently.
8. All cancellations of bookings must be submitted via email to email@example.com. If written notice is received by ONE YOUNG WORLD:
On or before 31st July 2018, no cancellation fee will be payable and we will refund you the Delegate Fees in full.
After 1 August 2018 refunds are not possible. In certain circumstances we may be able to offer a complimentary place to the next year's Summit, please inquire.
A suitable substitute Delegate may be sent in place of any Delegate who is unable to attend for any reason and these details can be updated by sending them in writing to One Young World, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. The venue for the Summit and the accommodation venue are both subject to change without notice and are only confirmed when instructions (final Summit details and a venue location map) are sent out, usually around 6 weeks prior to the Summit. In the event of a change of venue from that originally advertised or confirmed in the instructions, ONE YOUNG WORLD will make reasonable endeavours to provide a suitable alternative venue within reasonable distance of the original advertised venues. ONE YOUNG WORLD will not provide refunds for cancellations relating to changes to a confirmed venue unless it complies with the cancellation policy set out in paragraph 8.
10. In certain circumstances, it may be necessary for ONE YOUNG WORLD to make changes to the content or the timings of the events at the Summit. In the event of it being necessary for ONE YOUNG WORLD to postpone or change the dates of the Summit, other than the Delegate Fee, ONE YOUNG WORLD shall not be liable for expenditure, damage or loss incurred by you or by the Delegates for whom you are booking.
11. In the unlikely event of the Summit being cancelled in its entirety by ONE YOUNG WORLD, for any reason other than a force majeure, a full refund will be made. For the purpose of this clause, “force majeure” means any circumstances not within the reasonable control of ONE YOUNG WORLD, including, without limitation:
(a) any strike, lockout or other industrial action or any shortage of or difficulty in obtaining labour or venues or accommodations;
(b) any destruction, temporary or permanent breakdown, malfunction or damage of or to any premises plant equipment (including computer systems) or material;
(c) any breach of contract, default or insolvency by or of any third party (including an agent or sub-contractor) or an employee or officer of that party or company;
(d) any action taken by a governmental or public authority of any kind including not granting a consent exemption approval or clearance;
(e) any civil commotion or disorder, riot, invasion, war, acts of terrorism, threat of or preparation for war; or
(f) any fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic, public health crisis, or other natural physical disaster.
12. Delegates are responsible for ensuring that they have appropriate travel insurance in place and have received any required or recommended vaccinations in order to attend the Summit.
13. ONE YOUNG WORLD cannot guarantee the safety and security of Delegates during attendance at the Summit. Delegates are responsible for ensuring their own safety and security during the Summit and in respect of any travel in connection with the Summit and whilst spending time in the host city. ONE YOUNG WORLD disclaims any liability for loss or damage to Delegates or their property, including bodily injury or death, unless solely attributable to the gross negligence of wilful misconduct of ONE YOUNG WORLD or one of its employees acting in their employment function.
14. The views expressed by the speakers are their own and ONE YOUNG WORLD disclaims all liability for advice given or views expressed. Documentation distributed is intended for information only and should not be relied upon.
15. ONE YOUNG WORLD’s maximum aggregate liability under or in connection with these Terms will not exceed the Fees payable to us in respect of the services giving rise to the liability.
16. We will not be liable under these Terms for any loss of actual or anticipated income or profits, loss of contracts or for any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage of any kind howsoever arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, whether or not such loss or damage is foreseeable, foreseen or known.
17. ONE YOUNG WORLD reserve the right to charge you for the cost of rectifying damage, caused by the deliberate, negligent or reckless act of the Delegate(s) to which your booking relates.
18. Please note that for promotional purposes, the Summit or any part of it may be recorded by audio, visual or electronic means (“Footage”). You agree and you agree to procure Delegates’ agreement to permit ONE YOUNG WORLD to use and distribute such Footage, which may feature Delegates’ voices and images, in all or any media whether now known or developed in the future throughout the world in perpetuity for any purpose whatsoever.
19. To the extent a visa may be necessary, assistance will be given where possible in guiding the Delegates through the visa application process, (where necessary). However obtaining a visa and provision of their own personal documentation required by relevant immigration bodies is the sole responsibility of the Delegates and the funding party.
20. In the event of a visa application being denied because of late application, the Delegate fee is forfeited in full and there is no refund.
21. Any failure or neglect by the ONE YOUNG WORLD to enforce at any time any provision of these Terms shall not be construed as nor deemed to be a waiver of any of the ONE YOUNG WORLD's rights under these Terms.
22. Each of the paragraphs of these Terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
23. These Terms are governed by English law and in the event of any claim or dispute the English courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
One Young World UK Trading Limited is a company registered in England and Wales. Our company registration number is 08004146 and our registered office is at c/o Bates Wels Braithwaite, 10 Queen Street Place, London, EC4R 1BE2. Our registered VAT number is: GB 175 8518 70.
One Young World Limited is a charity registered with the Charities Commission of England & Wales, under the registration number 1147298.
For more information clickbelow.